Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF Cracks Top 2,000 Web Sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The leatest Alexa numbers are out and DN Forum has broken into the Top 2,000 websites on the internet at #1982. Congratulations GregR, mods and members! The site remains on an upward trajectory. Who knows how high we can fly? :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Congratulations GregR, mods and members! The site remains on an upward trajectory. Who knows how high we can fly? :)

Thanks Duke. With the new "no riffraff" policy and soon to be membership fee for new members, we have probably peaked. :)

Aplusmedia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Thanks Duke. With the new "no riffraff" policy and soon to be membership fee for new members, we have probably peaked. :)

Existing members doesnt need to pay? if so i'll be registering a couple of new usernames now so I can sell it later...:D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aplusmedia

Existing members doesnt need to pay? if so i'll be registering a couple of new usernames now so I can sell it later...:D

Not yet. :)

Try and see what happens. :)

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
although the membership issue will probably cause a lof of unhappy threads but this sort of thing would ensure the quality of traders in the forum was high....as long as the membership fee isnt too high - lol;)

M

mole

Membership fee only for new members?:confused: You gotta be joking. What kind of logic is that?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Membership fee only for new members?:confused: You gotta be joking. What kind of logic is that?

It is logic that is used everyday by municipalities around the country - including my own. They call it an impact fee. When a developer wants to build a NEW house he has to pay an impact fee. The rationale being that the new development adds costs to the providing the city infrastructure (streets, sewers, etc), so they should pay for it. Here more members = more bandwidth = higher hosting fees for GregR.

It is also logic that paid off handsomely for Yahoo. One of my sites is in their directory, but I didn't have to pay when they started charging $299 for any newcomers who wanted a listing. Internet operations have to find some way to recoup their costs. DNF provides a valuable service. If GregR wants to grandfather in those who have helped make the site what it is, I would be grateful. If he decides the whole membership should help foot the bill I'm OK with that too.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

ROFL!!! :D
Almost pissed my pants reading that ... LOL.

But seriously, congratulations ... and I, for one, hardly think the site has "peaked". Just the opposite, really.
But THAT was pretty damn funny!
Thank you. :laugh:

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once the economy gets back on its feet at the end of 2003 (the year, not the member), the domain business will rise. It won't be at the level of 99, but it will be better than it is today. I've already seen a difference in the number of offers I've been receiving lately. At this pace, DNF will become a popular place to be. The DNF auction could be a big ticket item when it becomes bug free (no offense GregR, it has gotten better and I believe it will be perfected pretty soon. Good Job).

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was an Alexa ranking we're talking about, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I'm sure DNForum.com readers as a whole are more likely to have the Alexa toolbar running (to pump up meaningless Alexa stats for their sites) than most people.

But still, it is an indication of growth, and that's a good thing. Congrats, gregr.

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:) 'are we' still using datapipe for bandwidth provider?:)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper
This was an Alexa ranking we're talking about, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. I'm sure DNForum.com readers as a whole are more likely to have the Alexa toolbar running (to pump up meaningless Alexa stats for their sites) than most people.

Dan shows once again that he never has anything good to say about anybody or anything.

Yet he is sure quick to attack people in other threads that have different views from his his own narrow minded - self serving - hypocrite hogwash.

Hey Danny boy - keep an eye on BOOHOO.ORG - because you will be the first featured award winner at our pre-launch. We had already picked you anyway - before this comment - but this just shows how correct we were. It should be up within the next couple hours.

By the way - don't try to whine about it to Greg - or talk about what a horrible mod I am for things that I say over there. That site has no affiliation - and we WILL be speaking our minds. Deal with it. :D

Alex C.

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to say thanks for providing this service to greg - i have only been here a short while, but i already feel at home ;)

~ Alex

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And this is a moderator? Funny, moderators at most boards don't go around harassing people.

Originally posted by NamePopper.com

Dan shows once again that he never has anything good to say about anybody or anything.

Yet he is sure quick to attack people in other threads that have different views from his his own narrow minded - self serving - hypocrite hogwash.

Hey Danny boy - keep an eye on BOOHOO.ORG - because you will be the first featured award winner at our pre-launch. We had already picked you anyway - before this comment - but this just shows how correct we were. It should be up within the next couple hours.

By the way - don't try to whine about it to Greg - or talk about what a horrible mod I am for things that I say over there. That site has no affiliation - and we WILL be speaking our minds. Deal with it. :D

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan Norder - there is a big difference between 'defending' and harrassing. Your attacks on me here (both past & present) are well documented - as are the complaints that I receive about you.

I stand by every word I said - and I will defend DNForum & myself - until every ounce of energy is drained.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper

But still, it is an indication of growth, and that's a good thing. Congrats, gregr.

IMO this is a valid observation.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've stated a couple of times that I caused the lower Alexa rating when I installed the Alexa toolbar. :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fizz - if that had been the only thing he had said recently - I would agree of course.

Far from it though. I won't drag up all the details again - because there is no point. Let's just say he has a history - and I can't count on my fingers the number of times he has personally gone after me - or the complaints that he has generated me to receive. So yes - I am human. After a certain amount of crap from the same person - I will crap back.

All due respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom