Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF Member has not issued payment, 7 days due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF Member hired me for my template editing services and had agreed to pay monday, he wanted a website up and running for the superbowl and since the event finished. He told me that it would take him 2 days to receive funds into his paypal account. 2 days, 3 days, 4, 5 , 6, 7 and now I receive an email from his friend asking me to accept western union!

Im very confused, first I'm told that I will receive funds by paypal and then I get ignored for 4 days with out a reply to my emails and now I receive an email from his friend asking me to accept western union.

Something is not right here, I have a feeling this dnf member is playing a double identity!

I will wait until Monday to see what happens before I issue a scam alert on his name and contact info.

Please share your opinion on this matter, am I wrong to refuse western union. I have never used western union and never will. Western Union is used by scammers.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, scammers prefer RECEIVING Western Union payments as they are not reversible.
No idea what the risk is for you to be on the receiving end though.... actually seems it could be better for you.

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Receiving $ from Western Union is 100% legit. It's more expensive for the sender, but many out-of-country folks have to use WU to send money.

WU makes a lot of there $ with US citizens wiring money to offshore books in Antiqua, Jamaica, etc.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It just does not make sense, I was told I will be paid by paypal and now western union - I have feeling this guy is full of $HIT and is trying to use western union as an excuse and will not issue payment.

I will not accept western union, the contract was for paypal.

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact that he is 7-days late is unacceptable. There are - to play devil's advocate - some countries that won't allow Paypal for - sending and/or receiving -for different reasons. Paypal could have changed their policies, but the 7-day isssue & non-receipt of payment. If paypal did change their rules - and the 3rd party wasn't aware of this - than he/she should be able to provide you a paypal faq explanation of why he can't send it via paypal.

He/she is likely reading this and hopefully will remedy the situation.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually, if someone even mention Western Union to me, it's a dealbreaker. If they aren't able to use PayPal, an Escrow service or send an international wire, then they have no business domaining.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Usually, if someone even mention Western Union to me, it's a dealbreaker. If they aren't able to use PayPal, an Escrow service or send an international wire, then they have no business domaining.

i have taken western union payments from members here with no problem

in fact, compared to paypal, it can be safer for the seller

you work it just like any other transaction, get paid first.

the OP should try to work these issues out in private before going public.

to relieve some of your confusion...

my advice, find someone you can bounce your "uncertainties" off of beforehand with confidence, because this is not good pr

:rolleyes:

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My understanding is if some one ask you to use WU to pay that is a read flag
Not if they pay you with WU

That is a safe way of getting the money for sure.
A trick/scam that can happen ( it happened to me once)...

You can take a Western Union or a USPS money order which are supposedly safe currency.

Slip a piece of paper in between the copies so the carbon does not imprint on the copy you keep.

Make the money order out to yourself or friend and cash it.

Then get some carbon paper and imprint the receipient's information on it.

Wallah!

Now you have a copy of "proof" that payment was made.

I don't recommend trying this.

The person that scammed me scammed others out of tens of thousands of dollars buying and selling vintage Fender & Gibson guitars that he did not own.

Very, very hard to get caught.

He was caught when he offered to call me to offer proof of payment and give me the numbers (receipt) - caller ID is great.

He is now serving prison time in Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom