Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

dnf member Jaik in the news, again... Sorry JAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for people who dont want to register there:

Hopes dashed, Jaikar leaves
Friday April 7 2006 10:18 IST

Jaikar and his mother leaving the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium, on the eve of the fourth ODI between India and England

For an ardent fan of cricket D.Jaikar, his physical disability did not deter him from visiting the venue to meet the cricketers in action on the eve of the fourth One-day International at Kochi on Thursday.

He wanted to be at the stadium on Thursday but unfortunately since the stadium was ill-equipped to cater to the seating requirements of the physically challenged he gave up the idea.

His mother brought this 29-year-old, who wanted to meet the players, to the stadium. But he was not allowed to see them citing security reasons.

“I wanted to see Sachin but knowing that he was not there I felt sad. I was interested in watching the match too, but there is no provision for the disabled persons to watch it here. I cannot sit in the ordinary chair; I can sit only in special chairs with a support,” he said.

Jaikar had his initial schooling at St Paul’s in Fort Kochi and while in Class VIII during his half-yearly exams at Tirumala Devaswom High School, he was struck by ‘Neurofibromatosis.’

Following that, he was unable to move his fingers and speak properly for almost three years. However, thanks to the ayurvedic treatment at Kottakkal Ayra Vaidyasala in Pallimukku, here, he is now able to speak and move his fingers, said his mother Jayanthi.

Presently staying at a rented house at Deshabhimani Road Junction, here, with his parents, Jaikar still hopes for the best. His father, V.Divakaran, an accountant at a pipe distributors firm at Kaloor, and his mother do not leave any stone unturned to ensure that their son’s wishes are fulfilled.

“His father and I wanted to fulfil all his wishes and that is why in spite of much hardship I brought him here, but what should I say; I am helpless,” said Jayanthi.

He was a normal child, had been to Sabarimala four times and used to ride cycle; he had great interest in sports, she said. In 1998, based on his story published in the this website’s newspaper, Jaikar was gifted a computer by some foreign tourists.

Now, Jaikar does freelance graphic designing and creates logos and banners. He looks forward for a future with his undaunted spirit.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
he isn't dead is he? if not, the tone of the thread and the subject line might seem a bit melodramatic. all people sometimes get dissapointments, no need to make it sound like his life is over.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
draqon said:
he isn't dead is he? if not, the tone of the thread and the subject line might seem a bit melodramatic. all people sometimes get dissapointments, no need to make it sound like his life is over.
no, he wanted to go to a game and they turned him away, it did not kill him, just saying is is sad that some people with disabilities can't do what everyone else can do. We need to make more provisions for everyone, but I did not intent it to sound "melodramatic". I don't like sports that much but if I did I could go in any place I wanted to, but for him, he can't, cause he is in a wheelchair.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They must not have much news there if something like this ends up in the news. Nothing against Jaik, as the previous article from December was enlightening, but does his family report everything to the news?

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
They must not have much news there if something like this ends up in the news. Nothing against Jaik, as the previous article from December was enlightening, but does his family report everything to the news?

or better yet does his family write those articles? Life is unfair but this shouldn't be news to anyone here.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on guys ! There is no harm in being a little bit sensitive and caring towards people who are more unfortunate then we are.

More power to jaik in his battle. Good luck with everything !

jaik

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
First of all to all members i have not given this link to mrdeleted

then about some comments or reply
it hurts when see post or reply like these

thanks,
jaik

VisualDigits said:
or better yet does his family write those articles? Life is unfair but this shouldn't be news to anyone here.

why should i make news of myself?

some people will never understand bitter part of life that people like us suffer
they may make fun of us

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jaik said:
First of all to all members i have not given this link to mrdeleted

then about some comments or reply
it hurts when see post or reply like these

thanks,
jaik

why should i make news of myself?

some people will never understand bitter part of life that people like us suffer
they may make fun of us
quite right, I got the link from another dnf member, not jaik. He does not need this, but the paper put the story up and a member found it and IMed it to me. He is however a good friend, and I do wish him well. I wish I could help him get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom