Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF not IE 10 Compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently did an upgrade to IE 10 (it wasn't my choice, it was bundled in a Windows Update) and it appears as if DNF isn't IE 10 compatible. Below is a screenshot of what I see. Could quite possibly be due to the "major changes" coming to DNF? :?:

dnf.png

Anybody else having this issue?

Upvote 0

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...sexier than GoDaddy...? Then that "panic button" could have a better use. ;)

Thanks for letting me know it wasn't IE, I was about to find a way to downgrade! :approve:

Whoops, forgot to plug the other advertiser Cosmotown. They're pretty sexy with prices... and design too.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I use WebKit and Chrome on my Phablet/Tablets, but I just can't seem to get over IE from using it since Windows 3.1 all the way up until now on my desktops/laptops.

It's like getting rid of your favorite childhood toy... :disappointed:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditch ie and use a real browser - do you wanna get hacked ? :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditch ie and use a real browser - do you wanna get hacked ? :)

Eh, it can happen to anyone. There have been exploits to every browser and people making a switch to another only makes that browser more vulnerable to attacks as there are more victims... so everyone change, I'll use IE and be safe. ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but I just can't seem to get over IE from using it since Windows 3.1 all the way up until now on my desktops/laptops.

It's like getting rid of your favorite childhood toy... :disappointed:
But Internet Explorer was not even there until 1995, and that's when Netscape (Navigator) ruled. I only used IE when they brutally killed NN about 1o years ago (and yes, I was among the last to surrender, when IE finally ate up 95% of the pie). Now that they have shrinked to less than a third (and going), I don't even test my websites for IE. I HATE IE so much. It's interesting though when some in the industry talked about dumping IE back when they basically monopolized the Internet and Firefox barely made it to the mainstream.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But Internet Explorer was not even there until 1995, and that's when Netscape (Navigator) ruled. I only used IE when they brutally killed NN about 1o years ago (and yes, I was among the last to surrender, when IE finally ate up 95% of the pie). Now that they have shrinked to less than a third (and going), I don't even test my websites for IE. I HATE IE so much. It's interesting though when some in the industry talked about dumping IE back when they basically monopolized the Internet and Firefox barely made it to the mainstream.

Mosaic, Internet Explorer, call it what you will... but it was essentially the same product repackaged and renamed in '95. ;)

I did have Netscape as well, but used Mosaic (later IE) more often at the time and dropped it eventually. :)

Edit: And I see that Chrome is leading in 52% of the market now. It would be interesting to see if those statistics were from desktops or mobile phones suggesting the use of Chrome on Google's Android O/S. Do I see another anti-trust coming... except from Microsoft? ;)

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting to not like it.

It shouldn't have been a forced upgrade...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GOD F'ING DAMNIT!

@Katherine, you were right. Someone's website (you're safe, dunno how it got on... maybe it was Duckface_PNG.exe from Theo ;)) was compromised for an IE10 exploit that automatically installed an "antivirus" program that when I declined to purchase it, it started downloading and infecting files with worms, trojans and viruses.

I'll be using a tablet until I can resolve the issue (find an English version of anti-virus)...

Edit: I do have antivirus, but it infected Norton's scanner, so when I try to scan, it won't, because it contains a virus!

It was able to spread over the LAN too! ARGFH!

Last edited:
C

Chuck

Hi David, thanks for the feedback. We are working on all of this with the new DNF upgrade coming later this month.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The June update will be rolled out on June 30th, 11:59:59pm :D

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After spending $600 to fix my computers and getting 1 back, I finally took the Chrome plunge... I will not be using Internet Explorer anymore!! Everything loads a lot faster in Chrome on the PC (as opposed to my tablet) and DNF is Chrome compatible. :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After Mr Softie shoved fukcing IE 10 for Win 7 down my throat as part of a Windows auto update for my main PC (just like they did to David and everybody with Win 7 who chooses auto Windows updates, ie 99% of them, and there was no way to know IE 10 was coming) .....I decided to give my new IE 10 a 2nd chance. I should've known better. It froze completely like the 3rd time so I won't touch it anymore. Just like when Win 8 came out Oct 2012, soon after that you saw a download at Microsoft.com for IE 10 for Win 7 and I went for it. After a couple of decent but slow rounds (it always stalls on Win 7 even if you get the page OK in the end) not only did it freeze, it froze my whole system, I had to restart and even then that PC felt like a hangover for a while....

I tought I needed to keep one IE tho, so I chose to uninstall IE 10 and install IE 9 again. Well, I couldn't. Nowhere in the Add/Remove Programs (CP) was either the IE 10 or IE 9. They had vanished as programs installed yet I still was seeing and could use IE 10. They weren't even in the core programs section. I had to stay on the phone over an hr with Support to walk me thru that. And they told me never to try to download IE 10 again for Win 7. But now it's forced on you ! WTF..... Do the MS geniuses even know it does not work for earlier versions of Windows, I mean, what do those guys eat at breakfast ?.... This is nuts... and it plays right into Win 8 being lackluster and MS being laughable compared to Apple and the ease of using Mac products. Wanna try their Surface, anyone ? they may just be giving them away sooner than you think. XBOX is their only true star product right now (other than Office still being used widely and being a real cash cow, but I'd hardly call an Office product a star lol....)

I'll be calling Support when I see I'll have an hour, some night. And I can't wait to ask them how on earth I can refuse IE 10 from getting installed as part of Windows auto-updates in the future. Their systems will sense you do not have the IE 10 which they now consider "necessary" as far as Win updates, I suppose going to manual updates is the solution and you can then choose not to get IE 10.....it makes life more complicated to say the least. Chrome is faster than Firefox and a lot faster than IE but there are so many options it still doesn't offer if you do work (productivity) stuff on your main PC or you wanna quicky save/send pages/files, etc... it's not that thorough yet, and I've gone thru all its settings/options. One thing that really bothers me is that Chrome has no option to have the browser ask you if you're sure you want to close it when more than one tab is open (so David, heads up ! lol) That is a huge miss, I accidentally closed a tab with hours of work in it the other day, ouch... As to Firefox it's a lot like IE, they say it's more secure and it doesn't crash often, its customization is a plus, true but the latest iteration I find slower than the previous one and it's not my PC. One would not expect a new version of FF to be clunkier than its predecessor yet it seems to be so far...(I guess Opera is the 4th choice but I've never really tried it, and a choice of 3 browsers for Windows was already plenty...)

It looks like most of the techies here (Johnn, Draggar, etc) are Mac people, and with plenty of reason.....I should go Mac (for everything ....) and never go back... LMFAO

:smash:

After spending $600 to fix my computers and getting 1 back, I finally took the Chrome plunge... I will not be using Internet Explorer anymore!! Everything loads a lot faster in Chrome on the PC (as opposed to my tablet) and DNF is Chrome compatible. :)

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a way to downgrade from IE 10 to IE 9 (tutorials online), but I decided to give it a chance... it was a very costly chance to take as it was probably the quickest exploited version of IE to date. Hopefully others weren't effected with Systemcare Antivirus (or other variants).

Edit: Just tested the "tab" thing, that's annoying, but I could get used to it. It's a good "panic" button too. :approve:

Edit: 2 seconds of playing with it, if you right click the tab bar after you close all your tabs there is a "Reopen Closed Window" option (same as if you accidentally close one tab in the same window there is "Reopen Closed Tab")... unsure at this point if it saves what you wrote in a box or not, but something to point out. :)

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, that's great to know, thanks ! I'll look for that next time I use Chrome (but I still feel Google ought to be ashamed for not having a clean way to do this, ie check with customers if they really wanna close all open Chrome tabs when the browser is closed (ask in a popup), it's elemental, something MS does better than Google, at last....)

Edit: Just tested the "tab" thing, that's annoying, but I could get used to it. It's a good "panic" button too. :approve:

Edit: 2 seconds of playing with it, if you right click the tab bar after you close all your tabs there is a "Reopen Closed Window" option (same as if you accidentally close one tab in the same window there is "Reopen Closed Tab")... unsure at this point if it saves what you wrote in a box or not, but something to point out. :)

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks the same on Safari on the ipad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom