Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNF Pages Incredibly Slow to Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is everyone having problems with forum pages being incredibly slow to load over the past week or two? This is the only site I am experiencing the problem with. I am on a broadband connection and have to wait up to 15-20 seconds everytime I click on a post! Is there a server problem of some kind going on?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Is it just me or is everyone having problems with forum pages being incredibly slow to load over the past week or two? This is the only site I am experiencing the problem with. I am on a broadband connection and have to wait up to 15-20 seconds everytime I click on a post! Is there a server problem of some kind going on?

Me too, takes forever.

Perhaps its because of all the ad graphics which need time to load. I notice it gets slower and slower over time as more and more ads are added. DNF is clearly far too commercialized now.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems fine to me - and I'm using an ancient computer (this thing's louder than a Boeing 747) with an equally noisy 56k modem.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the static page stuff is to increase google PR. I do think management is trying to milk this place a little too much. Why can't we got back to just a paid forum without the ads?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Hey, I didn't do anything lol. My banner is very light. I noticed this when DNF started going static with page query eg. http://www.dnforum.com/t45076

What Banner? I dont see it on your posts? Just see an img src error icon.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30 Seems fine to me - and I'm using an ancient computer (this thing's louder than a Boeing 747) with an equally noisy 56k modem.

That is very odd? My PC is newer and blazing fast high speed where other sites load instantly but dnf pages take 10 - 15 seconds similar to what Duke reports???

If I had a 56K the page would take about 10 min to load I imagine. Have noticed this for a few weeks but each day it seems to get slower and slower.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Combined weight of graphic banners on the front page is about 100000 bytes.
Buttons + icons + logo = about 35000 bytes.
On top of that you have backgrounds and code.

Hey, is this a message board or graphic design portfolio?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's been slow for me since I first jumped on board.
It must be the server/bandwidth IMO.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are those strange little squares with the orange colored up icon in lower left corner of all the posts?

Why are none of the Exclusive Member Banners (like Mole thinks he has) not displaying?

Perhaps its a combnation of all of this plus the heavy ad graphics and banners. I can't imagine anyone using dnf with a 56k modem?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole :huh:

Your banner (and all other exclusive mebers) has NEVER displayed since it was commenced a while back on any PM's or Posts.

Instead where the banner should be is a partial outline of a banner border (upper left corner, 2 lines) and a Red X where the banner should be, the red x is I think an IMG SRC error icon.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole You mean you can't see it, real? :huh:

That's right, both on PM's (like the one u sent today) and all posts, you and all other Exclusives.

"where the banner should be is a partial outline of a banner border (upper left corner, 2 lines) and a Red X where the banner should be, the red x is I think an IMG SRC error icon."

M

mole

Originally posted by RealNames
That's right, both on PM's (like the one u sent today) and all posts, you and all other Exclusives.

Strange real. I must be imagining things then. I see it. May be time to take a holiday away from domains for a while. :dead:

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see the banner in some of your posts Mole and some not. I am guess you just didn't include it in your earlier post on this topic.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do see Mole's banners. If they are working for most people there is some signature space that would really be worth selling!

On the original topic, a browser usually caches a lot of graphics so it doesn't have to reload them everytime, so I don't know if the graphics load is causing the problem or if it is a server/bandwidth issue. Never used to be a problem for me but it is almost excruciating trying to navigate and get anything done now. Again the issue, for me at least, is confined to DNF. There is too much valuable stuff here - I need to get to it quickly, so I hope it can be fixed! :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Strange real. I must be imagining things then. I see it. May be time to take a holiday away from domains for a while. :dead:

Hmmm - anyone remember the story of The Kings New Clothes?

Matter reported to the technical guys to review and check it out - resolution will no doubt follow soon :)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are working on this now.

thanks for the info.

-=DCG=-

M

mole

Originally posted by Mr Webname
Hmmm - anyone remember the story of The Kings New Clothes?

Many times, I switch off my banner sig out in my posts of courtesy to the members here, web, for example this specific post has the sig switched off. I try to keep it to one per thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom