Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNforum badly run - or a tight ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently posted a list of exclusive domains for sale, some of which pending DNS updates e.g. AntiFamine.org which was unlocked after my recent purchase from 1&1

Mr Webname after reading my thread quizzed me about its availability then purchased this name from Enom as the registry indicated it was still available.

1&1 informs me his whois submission came through 15 minutes earlier.

I posted the .info's are still pending and he deleted it still posting "Mod Edit - Members are advised to check on the registration status of any name on this list before making offers"

After some other unfair comments in that thread which required answering it was closed by a moderator.

I'm still receiving negative comments to which I may pursue

ICANN will be resolving this issue

Upvote 0

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains Registration is a first come first served basis and i think you would have been better waiting to make sure you'd got it before posting it. Worth thinking about for the future.

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do you get your country flag like that?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bought it from the store....

UNITED KINGDOM :-D

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DeCal said:
Bought it from the store....

UNITED KINGDOM :-D

Damn... thinking about it i'm in San Anotonio now.... Can i have an American flag next to it?

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could't find an option, theres only a rewards store right? coz I can't find an option for the Lottery either. I'll make a post in Exclusive club about your request

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SXI said:
I recently posted a list of exclusive domains for sale, some of which pending DNS updates e.g. AntiFamine.org which was unlocked after my recent purchase from 1&1

Mr Webname after reading my thread quizzed me about its availability then purchased this name from Enom as the registry indicated it was still available.

I thought all purchases are real time registrations...that's not the case? How can he register a domain that you have already registered/purchased?

Please clarify.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please post your sale documentation for the purchase of antifamine.org which you claimed was yours to sell.

(Members can check the thread here : http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=49296 )

Here is mine, I bought it because you were lying about ownership and it will be given away in due course as I have no use for it:-

Type Qty ExtAmt Description / Status
==========================================================================
Registration 1 6.95 antifamine.org / Successful

TOTAL BILLED: $6.95 USD to your reseller account

and here is the whois showing that it was created by my purchase and was not previously owned by you:-

Domain ID:D104035394-LROR
Domain Name:ANTIFAMINE.ORG
Created On:27-Feb-2004 20:12:40 UTC
Expiration Date:27-Feb-2005 20:12:40 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R39-LROR

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SXI, technically there is no way Mr Webname could have purchased this domain name unless you HAVE NOT REGISTERED THESE NAMES ! There are only 2 explanations for this. Either you are lying or your registar 1 & 1 is not processing registrations in real time or is not processing them AT ALL. In either case, it was your responsibility to make sure that you owned these names before you posted them in a sales thread.

NW

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After the call I made I was put under impression the names are processed in real time but this doesn't seem to be the case. I've had the same problem at GoDaddy with Euphoricore.com etc.
The remaining .info names listed whois entry listing should be processed soon

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SXI said:

I posted the .info's are still pending and he deleted it still posting "Mod Edit - Members are advised to check on the registration status of any name on this list before making offers"

After some other unfair comments in that thread which required answering it was closed by a moderator.

I'm still receiving negative comments to which I may pursue

ICANN will be resolving this issue
From what you posted, it clearly shows that you are a newbie to the industry. That's not a problem, actually newcomers are very welcome; however, you are making an ill-informed and disproportional allegation ("DNforum seriously badly run").

Let me try and make things clearer. DNForum does not allow posting for sale domain names that are still available for registration. When you first posted those names, many of them did not seem to be registered; that's why Mr Webname made his comments and even later registered e.g. antifamine.org to back up I guess his statement (that these names are still available for registration).

As others have posted here, you either have registered the name OR NOT. There's no way somebody else could steal YOUR name "when you unlocked them for DNS updates". This alone shows that you do not understand HOW domain registrations work; and you know what, DNForum should be the right place for you to learn and earn.

If in any case, the registrar you are using are not submitting your purchase in real-time (like e.g. Hostway: they did not submit a registration of mine in more than 20 minutes), find another one. And next time, please only post names that have been confirmed registrations. You are not really in such a hurry, are you? Simply wait a day or so, and this mess could have been avoided.

Just some observation.

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"DNforum seriously badly run" mainly addresses the fact the thread was closed, also not doing the research which is still evident and the superfluous negative responses.
I'm not a newbie - the locking feature seemed the most likely cause before finding out they're not processed in real time.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a tip. When you find a domain that you believe "could" sell. Register it, and wait for the WHOIS to update with your information, and confirm that you do own the domain. Then post the domain forsale.

If you're in a major rush to sell the domain the moment you register it, then you should probably save your money and not bother with it.

RMF

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talk about not doing research SXI.. You accused an innocent mod of stealing a crappy $6.49 domain yet you can still come up with irrational explanations and start a thread such as this. I think what you should do is apologize from that mod as well as all the other members and learn from your mistakes...

NW

rjerina

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SXI, can I have your DNF$??? Since you wont be using it soon probly :p

Serotonin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWolf said:
:angry: Mind your manners my swedish "friend"...

You are walking on a really thin line. :veryangry

NW

Is that a threat?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SXI, shame you ran into some problems. I agree with other members that posting names you aren't sure you own is a big no no. Mr.Webnames is particularly shrewd to have registered it, and not wasted time arguing with you about your right to post it (and what status it may or may not have). A long time ago I suggested that some sort of check be performed so that people don't post "available" names for sale. I'm impressed Mr.Webnames has taken the time to diligently keep on top of this problem.

I also think members should not post names for sale in REDEMPTION perdiod or PENDINGDELETE either, unless they are offering the name up for others to hunt for on drop. Ideally, if its the only way to be sure, maybe you should wait 48 hours before trying to list a newly purchased domain name for sale. It's not very respectful of people's time otherwise.

Far from "badly run" that smacks of DNForum being a "tight ship".

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom