Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news DNForum.com under new ownership - Who are we and what do we want?

Hi all, my name is Lars and I am one of the new owners of DNForum.com. I wanted to reach out and let the community know about our short-term plans for DNForum.com and who we are. We are sorry for keeping you in suspense for these last couple of days but we wanted a chance to get the deal finalized before taking the stage.

We are two owners;
Lars - Castion, whom will be handling business management and development.
Oliver - Seek99, whom will help with the strategic vision and act as a business advisor.

We know it is a monumental task to bring DNForum.com back from the brink its teetering on (/fell off) but we believe that its possible by focusing on the core values that made DNForum.com great. A lot of people invested their money, time and wisdom here and that deserves respect. We hope to return some of that invested energy back to our community members in the form of actual tangible benefits.

Some of our short-term goals are;
A return to the gold / platinum / exclusive membership classes and forums. /now done
A roll back to some of the old forums categories. /now done
A new design to help us turn a fresh page. /now done
Bringing back the trader ratings. /now done
Removing Adsense ads. /now done
Killing the crypto forums. (Already done).

We will not be taking the forums offline but will implement our updates piecemeal during the coming months.

Overall, we want to move the focus away from creating short term profits and towards building a sustainable community that is laser focused on domain name investing and discussion. Our end goal is for DNForum.com to rise from the ashes reinvigorated as the go to place for professionals in our industry.

Some of our long-term development goals are;
Implementing a tag-based marketplace system and search.
Bringing value and benefits back into the exclusive membership.
Making user-driven innovation a focal point for further development.

We are not kidding ourselves. It won't be an easy task, but we are in it for the long run. In the end many small steps goes a long way. We hope that you will join us in this journey and help us achieve our goal.

Finally we would like to thank the previous owners of DNForum.com for their assistance in making this transaction easy and agreeable. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

-------------------------------------------------------Bio's-------------------------------------------------------

Oliver Hoger
Oliver has been an active trader of high quality domain names the past 10 years. Both as a buyer and seller of domain names but also as a broker for many high-profile clients. Oliver is a well know trader amongst the regulars of the high end domain aftermarket. Oliver is based in the Euro time zone.

Lars Lima
Lars has been in the domain name industry for the past 13 years as an independent investor and broker of short domain names at www.DNand.com. He carries a MSc in International business management and has a history in sales and marketing. Lars is based in Denmark.

Last edited:

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great news and good luck to Lars and everyone else here.
I really like the new design, fresh and clean.
I haven't been here in a while...
With the new owners, I will definitely come back.

Domain summit 2024

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back.
Where have you been? I was worried about you and haven looking for you.
I'm good, I guess I didn't like the previous dnforum that much. It was good in the beginning then it went down.
Now it can hopefully rise to the top again. The goto place for people in the business.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm good, I guess I didn't like the previous dnforum that much. It was good in the beginning then it went down.
Now it can hopefully rise to the top again. The goto place for people in the business.

Thank you for coming back Oberheimer. It wont be an easy climb but I share your hope and optimism about the prospects and I am grateful for your help :)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Oberheimer!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to mod the .mobi forum at NP.. Man that was not fun, all that money lost and all those hopeful people.

Kind of reminds me of a similar situation today...

got pretty ridiculous. hmm trying to think who you'd be on NP..

crypto is just .mobi for the masses.. something possibly real that people get 100x too crazy with, same type of talk though.. "it cant possbily go below $X" :D

Are you serious or kidding?

im kidding. or am i

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got pretty ridiculous. hmm trying to think who you'd be on NP..

crypto is just .mobi for the masses.. something possibly real that people get 100x too crazy with, same type of talk though.. "it cant possbily go below $X" :D

im kidding. or am i

I think there are a lot of Ponzy scheme elements to the current crypto market setup. And like the .mobi market I would say; dont gamble what you cant loose. But I still think Cryptos are a way different beast than .mobi ;)

One guy sold a .mobi for 200K and millions of people made thousands of dollars in crypto.

EDIT
Or wait he PAID 200K for a .mobi right? :)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of Ponzy scheme elements to the current crypto market setup. And like the .mobi market I would say; dont gamble what you cant loose. But I still think Cryptos are a way different beast than .mobi ;)

One guy sold a .mobi for 200K and millions of people made thousands of dollars in crypto.

EDIT
Or wait he PAID 200K for a .mobi right? :)

mobi thing was a niche of a niche. all crypto could drop to $1 or nothing the same way though. there is no .mobi market now... flowers.mobi is not "worth" 50 cents now.

also LLL.mobi and mediocre words were trading at a few hundred a couple months after it came out. ZXK.mobi $190. yes, super deal!

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mobi thing was a niche of a niche. all crypto could drop to $1 or nothing the same way though. there is no .mobi market now... flowers.mobi is not "worth" 50 cents now.

Yes but the differences in magnitude matters in money ;) And as said even if all Crypto dropped to 1 sat tomorrow a lot of people still have more than they had before Crypto. Simply because so much profit has been realised into fiat money already.

That can not be said of .mobi holders.. Not at any time were they better off.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea, I felt bad being caught up in the .mobi hype. But then i felt bad trying to be reasonable saying it was a bubble out loud, while i was selling .mobi... but it was like it didnt matter what you said, people really believed what they wanted to. In the beginning, I just wanted to buy a couple .mobi for $69 in the 2006 landrush and see what happened.. when people started talking completely insane i wasnt sure what to think, besides this is for sure some kind of bubble and then a wave of crypto-like trading thinking swept me away poof..

I wish I would have converted more .mobi into actual money and also i wish i would have bought $0 in aftermarket.. i would have actually made money on it instead of breaking about even and wasting time..

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea, I felt bad being caught up in the .mobi hype. But then i felt bad trying to be reasonable saying it was a bubble out loud, while i was selling .mobi... but it was like it didnt matter what you said, people really believed what they wanted to. In the beginning, I just wanted to buy a couple .mobi for $69 in the 2006 landrush and see what happened.. when people started talking completely insane i wasnt sure what to think, besides this is for sure some kind of bubble and then a wave of crypto-like trading thinking swept me away poof..

I wish I would have converted more .mobi into actual money and also i wish i would have bought $0 in aftermarket.. i would have actually made money on it instead of breaking about even and wasting time..

Yes that kind of thing is always tough. But now you know and can make better purchase decisions going forward. I think I can see a more obvious current parallel right here in the domain market. We do not have to look to crypto.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Luckily I only had two, and sold MUF.mobi for 100.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of my better purchases was when I paid 999 for FreeBit.co.in and made 1000's of dollars worth of cryptocurrency (0.62388339 BTC) from an affiliate program.

Thats a great reg. You talking past tense. You sold it?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
started off with like 50 mobi i think.. then had something like 1,400 at its peak. I might have one left but i think its actually zero.

I like the look of new gTLD. I actually saw a .kitchen on a youtube video the other day. new gTLD are useful for the people to be able to register and use pronounceable 2 word phrases for cheap, that doesnt translate into this or that gTLD becoming the new big thing and therefore being worth money. the big thing is the entire idea together and the fact that no domainer can hoard them all and since the registries now play the role of domainer by seller premiums, kind of takes the wind out of those sales.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned a weekly newsletter. I would also like to see this (and receive it). A weekly wrap up of the best domain names being sold on the forums; this will help not only promote the domains and the forum, but allow people to not miss good deals floating around, potentially buried, throughout the different forum areas.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators