Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Dnforum to release new Domain Management software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will be similar to domain seller pro. I would like to know what features you want to have in it that the competitors are currently missing.

We have already completed the beta version and it will be equipt with many pre designed templates for you to chose from. So all you have to do is import and categorize your names.

Any features you think would be a good addition will be added.

Please PM cinderella if you wish to beta test it free.

-=DCG=-

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price point decided yet?

~ Nexus

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to import a spreadsheet of domains with all different categories/prices

I also would like to do the above, and have it overwrite existing data, maybe with a prompt to make sure I intended to do that

I would like to be able to control the "escrow fee" that DSP currently sets at 3%, whether you want it or not

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can I assume it will be part of the "exclusive" membership :party:

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
Can I assume it will be part of the "exclusive" membership :party:

Or part of the PAID (read without "exclusive" invites) "platinum" membership :party: :-D

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Were I programming one, and I might be :evil:, I would add the following features to the list:
  • Ability to create http://www.mydomain.com/myforsale.com type links to each listing page
  • Built-in traffic monitoring for all domain names in the system
  • Accepts images with each listing
  • Allows you to mark category names as "adult", and create a pop-up alert before viewing.
  • Complete user-management system, for requiring "bidders" to be optionally "registered" with the system
  • Registered users may track names and get "alerts" when the "sales status" of that name has changed (i.e. price reduction, delisting, etc).
  • Make portal accessible via WML (--but feature would just be hotdogging it)
  • Allow administrator to assign different "owners" to each name, if brokering for multiple clients.
  • Automatic marquee feature, for generating a horizontal or vertical "tickertape" of names anywhere on the website (scrolling pauses on rollover), using DHTML only (not Java).
  • Ability to batch import names from a textlist list, CSV file, or a form.
  • Either use "Smarty" or "Flexy" for templating. Flexy is preferable, as it is FrontPage friendly lexer-base template engine, allowing templates to be constructed in any visual HTML editor. A custom template system would prob. be the worst way to go.
  • PayPal support for automatic processing for purchases.
  • Support for third party payment processors (i.e. Authorize.net, WorldPay, ClickBank, etc)
~ Nexus

--Also... a nice feature would be to treat "listings" as something separate from the names themselves. This would allow multiple domain names to be put under ONE listing, when a collection of domain names will only be sold as ONE group, and not separately.

Hand-in-hand with this would be an "advanced" search feature that would return allow people to search on all multi-domain listings (returning these listings in the search results).

Also, a "buy now" button, and the ability to enable "shopping cart" mode, for the purchase of "buy now" domain name listings.

Just throwing these ideas out there.

~ Nexus

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus and others,

Thank you we will be adding all or most the features you recommended plus a few we have also found to be useful.

Keep any thoughts coming!

This software will be free to all exculsive members.

-=DCG=-

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus,

If you put it together. I will be your first customer.

I own a couple licenses from RJ. But, will immediately switch to your
program.

I have a high respect of your programming ability.

Let me know.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, actnow. I'm just shooting out ideas. Hopefully they'll help contribute to what DnForum releases.

Best,
~ Nexus

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nexus,

I was hoping you would persue it .

I get the feeling that management might offer something here.
But, we will never see it.

I assume they will keep it for the elite members.

But, they want us to supply how to structure it. ????

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Nexus and others,

Thank you we will be adding all or most the features you recommended plus a few we have also found to be useful.

Keep any thoughts coming!

This software will be free to all exculsive members.

-=DCG=-

Adam, I have a lot of respect for your work but here it seems you are acting "unfairly".
So if I understand correctly you prefer to reward some people who got free exclusive membership instead of those who paid for a lifetime platinum membership some months or even years ago ???

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Colbert,

Don't panic, all scenarios will be considered before release. ;)

-=DCG=-

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
Colbert,

Don't panic, all scenarios will be considered before release. ;)

-=DCG=-

No need to panic for sure.
Sounds good to me anyway :)

SONICdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Built-in PayPal IPN. Built-in payment reminders. Ability to lease domains instead of only outright sales, using merchant initiated payments/subscriptions on PayPal.

Customizable fields on the bid pages (DSP does not have a field for the bidders name for example!!!).

Automatic expiry and registry checker, with export to xls or cvs (something like the fabulous automatic expiry checker that actually works properly).

Integrate the Ohashi parking script that allows a sales bar on the bottom and parking for the rest of the screen (That way i can get rid of the fabulous bar).

Allow keywords for the parked pages for better search engine placement.

Built-in simple referral tracking system.

Would be a godsend, would pay $400+ for this software (actually I would prefer it to be expensive.)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SONICdomains,

All these features will be added and have no been given to the programmers.

Thank you.

-=DCG=-

SONICdomains said:
Built-in PayPal IPN. Built-in payment reminders. Ability to lease domains instead of only outright sales, using merchant initiated payments/subscriptions on PayPal.

Customizable fields on the bid pages (DSP does not have a field for the bidders name for example!!!).

Automatic expiry and registry checker, with export to xls or cvs (something like the fabulous automatic expiry checker that actually works properly).

Integrate the Ohashi parking script that allows a sales bar on the bottom and parking for the rest of the screen (That way i can get rid of the fabulous bar).

Allow keywords for the parked pages for better search engine placement.

Built-in simple referral tracking system.

Would be a godsend, would pay $400+ for this software (actually I would prefer it to be expensive.)

We are now ready to take 6 beta testers to try this script and gice us there feedback both good and bad.

We are 100% willing to work to make this exactly what the users want.

Based on their input from this string, I will now contact SONICDomains and Nexus as the first 2 if they are interested.

I still have 4 available, please post in here if you are interested.

Each beta tester will be provided with their own admin login as well as url to test the site. Each tester will have their own version to test but all 6 versions resied on our server for testing only.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom