Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNJ SEDO article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have made sales through Sedo, collecting a nice few hundred dollars per month from parking- get every assistance that I require.

Based on my 40 years of being in business they are offering and providing the right customer service to ensure many more years- or a very big buy out as the market continues to improve!

Good luck Sedo keep it up.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
It was a company that didn't even exist 4 years ago. Fact of the matter is... they are world's number one destination for domain selling/buying. And to achieve that by rising out of dot com bust, is even more so mind boggling... And to achieve that from Europe (as opposed to... let's say a Silicion Valley) is even more mind boggling... And to achive that on .de & .co.uk & .us extensions, is even more mind boggling... and so on, and on, and on...

There is nothing mind boggling here.

SEDO was just a aftersuck-type Domains for Sale site 2 years ago. It became the destination after it focused on Domain Parking Business. There are about 270M people in the US and alone Germany has same population. Add UK, FR, SE etc. on it. The US internet market had already saturated oppositely the Europe one is burgeoning.

In my opinion the only thing they did wrong is that they grow ridiculously letting all kind of domains to be added their database which could lead "I am used to this site" effect when a typer saw same format many times.

Hope that stops your mind boggling :-D

TurNIC

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
turnic wrote:

There are about 270M people in the US and alone Germany has same population. Add UK, FR, SE etc. on it. The US internet market had already saturated oppositely the Europe one is burgeoning.
++++++++++++++++++++

So what?!

Those above numbers are very misleading.

SEDO is not a retail business. SEDO is a business-to-business website which enables domain owners to sell their domains/ traffic.

Domain owners tend to think everyone in the world trades in domains, but that is not true. Ours is a niche industry.

As I wrote earlier, there are maybe only a thousand domainers worth their salt. Their other hundred and fifty thousand customers will be red ink.

This is just my opinion.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
Those above numbers are very misleading.

SEDO is not a retail business.

Yes SEDO is not selling clothes. It is not Pasific Sun. However people who type domain names are looking for products! so the core matters not the things in between. You need to look at where the demand is coming from. The demand is coming from the lost people who tries to search his retail needs or other needs by typing domain names to their browsers. You got it!

BTW dont pretend to be a smart ass like saying "so what!" or something like that. Look around. You see german people established SEDO or asian people established google. Think the unexpected and ask yourself why around 60 percent is international in Stanford or Berkeley.

TurNIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom