Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNJournal latest sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of crappy names getting big dough this week?

I mean, entertainmentfurniture.com for 18 gees, WTF???

Where do BuyDomains advertise? Who here wouldn't have taken $1k for that....

info1.com for $10k - I'd have let that drop!

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree: NarcoticsAnonymous 20.5k - What's that all about?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this trend for the past year..domain names that I would've sold for $40 are selling for 40,000....

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep. agree wholeheartedly, there's so much sh*te selling, it's staggering.
Every day in the bottom right of sedo's homepage i am staggered by the crap selling for high prices. It warms the heart! ;)
Pred

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only problem is why isn't our 'cr*p' selling for these amounts?

I can think of at least 50 domains I have seen on here in the past month that still haven't sold that leave many of these 'sold names' laying in the gutter. Nothing against the sellers at all here, good luck to them.

I guess the real question should be just how are they finding buyers for these domains?

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think because the owners of premium 1/2 word domains are asking such outrageous prices or they just aren't selling that buyers are now settling for long 3 word domains.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not crap:

EntertainmentFurniture.com
NarcoticsAnonymous.com
are CERTIFIED Premium Domains.

We reviewed recently most of the domains sold over 10K for the last years by the main marketplaces, private sales, ...
+87% of them are Premium Domains according the definition of a Premium Domain.

The domain market is here, the best premiums:
Short generic type-in domains are RARELY FOR SALE or at CRAZY prices.
So the demand is for premium names having a lower domain score.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this trend for the past year..domain names that I would've sold for $40 are selling for 40,000....

I need to find out who is buying these domains... I have some I'd like to sell for 10,000$ ROI :)

GoPC

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is not crap:

EntertainmentFurniture.com
NarcoticsAnonymous.com
are CERTIFIED Premium Domains.

We reviewed recently most of the domains sold over 10K for the last years by the main marketplaces, private sales, ...
+87% of them are Premium Domains according the definition of a Premium Domain.

The domain market is here, the best premiums:
Short generic type-in domains are RARELY FOR SALE or at CRAZY prices.
So the demand is for premium names having a lower domain score.

That is just foolish, there is no way that EntertainmentFurniture.com is a premium domain, I am not even going to offer up my thoughts on this sale, biting my tongue...

As for NarcoticsAnonymous.com yes that makes way more sense... but it is a shame that a domain like that is not in the proper hands... I guess I am just assuming that it is not anyway...

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's rediculous... domains that aren't Premium are being said they are... Premium domains are said they are not. That service is completely arbitrary and other than the obvious, such as Cameras.com and the like... there is no real "insight" into their judgement.

Aside from the occascional winger like "EntertainmentFurniture.com". LOL!

GoPC

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Elivate,

Look likes you better know about narcotics then furniture.
This is the big problem, one is good to valuate names in the few sectors he knows...

"Entertainment Furniture" is a popular keyword.
Really over the minimum for which a domain can be considered as Premium according the PremiumDomain.com definition.

GoPC
I will soon publish all the domains sold over 10K so you could check yourself that +87% are in fact premium according the PremiumDomain.com definition.

Last thing:
The Premium Domain definition is only based in DOMAIN metrics, there is absolutely no personal considerations during the certification process.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is 'entertainment furniture' ?

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may not be the best at knowing what a top domain is but I think some sales recently are crazy. I saw a domain go for £10 on eBay and the person had it up for sale for over £3,000 and it sold on Sedo it was a LLLLL.com but they meant nothing and were totally random.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its actually a very good domain, not to put anyone down, but if you live in upscale neiborhoods where people are spending over a million for a home theater, you would realize this. Its a niche like everything else. High end home theaters start at 300K, Entertainment furniture to furniish those home theaters or party rooms is BIG business.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just registered EntertainmentFurnitures (pural) .com/.net/.info... :) Probably not worth much... will put it on for appraisal...

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
entertainmentfurniture.mobi - reg'd today - 13:25 GMT

Anyone want to say how good info1.com is?

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:lol2: I made sure to grab entertainmentfurniture.us before making that post.

Looks like the .us TLD is picking up steam.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The .us was available, but I decided to let it go... not too sure about the ext. I kind of like .info more... anyway... nice pickup.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Linkguy:
Good comment.
This is why most of the online large furniture stores have this keyword into their meta tag, attesting of the high interest.

Varchar:
Bad point.
Do you really think someone that spend thousands dollars is enough stupid to pay a fortune a domain and do not buy the plural version still unregistered?
Didn't you think there was a reason?
The plural version is far to be a Premium Domain.
We was just speaking before that one cannot know about everything and without any information not only you register the dot com plural but worst, you go and also buy the .net and .info of a name that have very low interest in the com version.
It's terrible! We are spending thousands dollars advertising a service to help people like you to know if a domain is premium or no for free and you do not even get advantage of this.

jasdon:
The mobi version is not premium due the term is not enough popular.
But well, have the .mobi can make sense in the future if the buyer plan to focus mobile users through a dedicated interface. You have some possible chances to buy him further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom