Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DNJournal latest sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can hear the 'phone conversation now;

"no dear, I'm not going out - I'm just going to stay in my hotel room and polish the brasses"

LOL
Better still get the brasses to polish my bell ;)
Pred

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Cybertonic,

I know well better that the pural version of this domain is bad and I don't expect to earn any money from selling it. I see it when I google "Entertainment Furnitures"... :) I just reg it to test out the traffic and see if the ppc rate is good or not. Out of your discussion on dnf for this domain, you don't think there are at least couple people curious enough to type in the wrong domain and browse around? There are many way to earn money nowadays. If it doesn't work out, I simiply drop it... (Domain Tasting... no harm done...)

Thx.

Varchar

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...saw enterprisemobile dot com sell for a chunk on either afternic or sedo..forget which one...guess what I reg'd? hehehe the one without the "e" on the end. Already getting traffic..

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On my site, only I decide what is premium and what isn't. I use the old standard - common sense, not some fallable logorithm. No offense intended.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I definitely agree that there is no logorithm to weight a premium name. 15 years ago, do you think yahoo or youtube are a premium words.. people are searching them everyday now... :)

H

H2FC

I noticed EntertainmentFurnitures.com gets 33,300,000 google results while the singular, EntertainmentFurniture.com gets only 13,100,000. How can that be explained?

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Caution with some appraisal services, I recently posted in a forum a comparative of such services. Results can have a huge difference and sometimes simply be absurd.

You're right... Moniker and Sedo are two of these "fly by night" companies that while your score shows less than 300, they deliver very high appraisals.

But then, you can bother yourself with things like being the odd ball of the industry.

Sure, I'm bitter that you are a dunce when it comes to GoPC.com... you're ONLY one, but that's beside the point.

No, I'm referring to the countless people on this and other forums that have the same things to say about your "service".

By the way, what good is a "certified" appraisal by you?

Moniker is the only IRS recognized appraisals. Domain Captial will loan agains the certified value of ONLY Moniker appraisals.

What do I get from you? YOUR convoluted evaliation? The only 87% statistic that is accurate is that you disagree with 87% of the rest of the market. Is your plan to be the ANTI-Moniker? Do lend value to what they DON'T and argue the value of what they find?

Seriously, I bet if we REALLY wanted to open this can of worms, we'd find alot more references to your Rediculous valuations and rejections that you want to hear about. Along with the fact that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the value in common generics.

So what really IS your purpose? Your benefit? What are you offering your customers? In the case of EntertainmentFurniture.com....

False Expectations.

GoPC

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JazzPetals:
We have not named a domain Premium because it was sold +10K.
We have taken all these domains sold over 10K and submitted them for certification. 87% of them matched our premium domain definition.

OUR definition? A few posts ago, you said it was PremiumDomain.com's definition

Why the Plurality? Or is this plagiarism? What added benefit are you bringing? Or have you completely made up YOUR standards of "premium" qualifications?

Then, you refer to yourself in 3rd person to give your evaluation "weight"?

This is a real opportunity here, to tell us why you have any value at all... if you are using someone else's standard and not twisting it to fit your model, then why not just go to PremiumDomain.com and do it one's self?

GoPC

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GoPC:

OUR definition or the PremiumDomain.com definition is the same.

Interest of submit domains for certification:

As a buyer:
Because your knowledge is not infinite (see above), because you often have no time to search the real value of a name, ... because it is allways positive to get additionnal advices then the use of our service can only be of help.
For example some buyers offer long list of domains for sale, mixing the best with the worst, it's often hard and time consuming to extract premium domains.
The use of our service for such usage is greatly appreciated and more when we do not charge anything.

As a seller:
If you plan to sell a domain for BIG money then it can only be a good point to outline to the buyer that the domain as been certified as Premium by a trust third party, in this case the official Premium Domain certification organization. The worst that may happen is that the buyer feel more comfortable.
Take in mind most of potential buyers do not have domaining knowledge and arguing yourself your domain is premium have low value and do not reassure a lot the buyer.
It's also the opportunity to get more sale exposure having your certified premium domain listed at PremiumDomains.com

As a owner:
It's in the human nature to be proud of something great you have done or own. It's natural that if you succeed buying a great premium domain that someone confirm this fact, the seal we offer is a way to say to the others:
Hey, this is not gabage, this is a Premium Domain!
Often this called ego satisfaction.

I am not sure to understand your speach about Moniker:

Moniker offer appraisal services, we do not offer any appraisal service.

Moniker and SEDO are the only appraisal services we recommend today when people that submitted their domains for certification want a deeper review of their name and an estimation of the buying price.

T

tonyfloyd

Good Day All

Any Thoughts On The Intl Tld's??.....for Ex-.jp.....be....cn....vg...us.com....uk.com.....uk.net....??

Any Of These Worth Anything??

I Hear All This Talk About The Intl Tld's Is The Next Big Thing

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure to understand your speach about Moniker:

Moniker offer appraisal services, we do not offer any appraisal service.

Moniker and SEDO are the only appraisal services we recommend today when people that submitted their domains for certification want a deeper review of their name and an estimation of the buying price.

Ah... well said. If you REALLY want to know what a domain is WORTH (whether or not it is a premium domain) use Moniker or Sedo... a reputable company.

That certification is all you really need.

Your site speaks of knowing one's domain in terms of sales, value and "big money"... yet you offer nothing of the sort (and in fact redirect to those that do) except the concept that someone ELSE likes my domain as much as I do.

So can I tell someone their site is "premium" and provide the same service? I know that I am no Rick Schwartz (now THERE'S a valuation worth having), but what kind of credintials to you need to be a "third party" valuator? We all have an opinion... there must be MORE. What gives your "certification" value?

My question regarding your service... is how it can be so opposite to Moniker and Sedo (whom you recommend)? Either A) your service is right and Moniker/Sedo are setting premium domains that are not. or B) Moniker/Sedo is right, and your service still needs alot of tuning to focus in on what is indeed premium and what is not.

Simple questions, I think... If I am to consider you and your service anything more than just another gimick to drive traffic to one's website.

GoPC

T

tonyfloyd

any thoughts on the intl tld's?.......

would .eu be considered the "golden" intl tld?

where can i see which intl domains are valued more than others?

thanks

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on the intl tld's?.......

would .eu be considered the "golden" intl tld?

where can i see which intl domains are valued more than others?

thanks

Hi,
.de is the biggest selling extension behind .com
.co.uk & .de have the highest prices for cctld's due mainly to their computer savvy nations, & inherent wealth.
Best thing you can do is stick around & gem up. Prob. best to upgrade to Platinum so you can access more areas.
Not sure if you know it, but this imo & most people's is the best site for recorded aftermarket domain sales & general news:
www.dnjournal.com
cheers
Predator :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my search for premium domains continues loll

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
- Yes, 13% of the domains that has been sold over 10K do not match our premium domain definition. In these 13% there was some domains not based in english words (we only certify english domains).

At the risk of being snide, perhaps you would do a better job of certifying English words if you actually *understood* the English language enough to know the difference between two good keywords put together and a great domain.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

LizzeyDripping

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A little off topic...but to respond to a previous poster, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" - i.e. you can't judge things purely on face value/appearance.

That said, my mum makes a mean trifle with brandy, so there are times when the (100%) proof is in the pudding...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom