Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Do not use mini site development services! Especially Rick Latona / AEIOU... They lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting post Mike. I enjoyed reading this view on aeiou, etc minisites. Not exactly sure if you are using this long controversial post to stimulate business to your mass dev service or really just informing the public on the negative aspects of aeiou, etc. I have had questions about the same quality of these types of sites. There had to be someone to capitalize on the minisite craze going on in this industry and Latona saw the opportunity and jumped on it. Of course as you pointed out his expertise probably is not in development. Considering this it is likely that he is unaware of all of the potential problems and quirks in his minisites. Does the blame fall on him for being ignorant? or on his dev team for being lazy? or both?

I am not a seo or dev expert myself so I won't be arguing whether all of the points raised in this article are valid, etc.. but I will be reading this thread closely.

Not sure what all the beef is btw Acro and OP but I have come to respect his domaining insight and I know lots of members around here do to so perhaps staying civil is a good idea. :thumb:

i dont know what he will say or wont say, but probly...rick's response will be "i wasnt aware of this...blah blah"

iv been member of some private domain boards and so was rick, he never really participated in any discussions but when he had a product or service to promote he found the time... he sure is a good salesmen, we all know that already

when u have multiple companies and other people managing stuff for you, it is easy to avoid taking the blame, but at the end of the day it is all on YOU whether you like it or not

the MANAGERs or EXECS and whoever are an extension of YOU

i have a small group of full time "team members" and few contractors who i use regularly... if they do something wrong, i always take full responsibility

So what exactly he said ?

readfaster.com

good investment for you...

and everybody else who does business online or surfs around the web all day long

;)

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the content plays a small roll, really, and it isnt as important as #2 or #3 above as mentioned, it helps... sure... but you have a good point there... it doesnt make or break it tho

waht does, is the SEO

having the PROPER search engine optimization is what will determine whether your page is on the first page of google, within the top 5 or 10 results or whether it is buried somewhere at 50 - 100

I definitely won't disagree with you about SEO, Mike. I'm still very much a newbie about that part of development. But, with all due respect to you, I would also want the grammar and spelling of my mini-sites' content to be perfect. Great SEO has to be written correctly, else it's a big turn-off and gives a very unprofessional finish.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
readfaster.com
good investment for you...
I do not register crappy domains and put some crap on it and call it "developped". That would be your job.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I definitely won't disagree with you about SEO, Mike. I'm still very much a newbie about that part of development. But, with all due respect to you, I would also want the grammar and spelling of my mini-sites' content to be perfect. Great SEO has to be written correctly, else it's a big turn-off and gives a very unprofessional finish.

of course it has to be written properly

but, your definition of perfect may be different from mine...

there are however standards

SEO is part copywriting -- which isn't easy... it is an art

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, Mike. As long as it gets the job done well. No point otherwise, is there? :)

sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt :p

i personally dont drive myself crazy when i have content or when i dont on some very unique subjects

you work with what u got :)

but you can have the best content from the top experts and actual professionals write whatever on any given subject and dozens of those awesome articles

and the best category killer domain to compliment the content...

and you still wont rank your mini sites or full blown sites

you see, gotta be realistic with development

ranking at the top isn't done over night

it is a process that is done in stages

you cannot expect to outrank other sites, that have established themselves as authorities, on any given subject/topic... that have been around for many years

it just wont happen not within 1 month or 6 months, no matter how hard you try

most SEO strategies are of course long term..

mini sites or as i like to call them start ups, help you get established or re-established (if ur domain was parked for years, obviously its penalized/banned) with the search engines and build up a certain profile

they also help you actually measure the potential which otherwise u wouldnt be able to

you need to be in the race, basically, in order to even have a chance down the road

parked... no chance

some sort of site.... a chance

properly optimized site.... good chance

full blown site with lots of content + active seo campaigns.... great chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators