Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do people hate me here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never been able to close a sale here (I mean no PM or response to my threads except for one sales trasher) which I closed on other sites in matters of hours.

No one responded to my appraisal threads?

:emba: What exactly am I doing wrong here?

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
Maybe no one was interested in what you had to sell? That could be the other option
Hmm... Are GadgetsTalk.com / SolidHosts.net / HostReviewWatch.com / HostReviewsWatch.com/SpamUp.com that bad :p

The first one had even a site and I was asking for all offers. :D

Yet no one even sent me a PM :(

I really have to be screwing things up real hard :p

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally don't like any of them so I wouldn't make an offer, even for $10. Has nothing to do with people liking you. If you listed a premium name for sale, you would get tons of responses.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:) It seems like a whole different league here. I sold most of the names on other sites in matter of hours.

BTW I sold -> GeekItOut.com / PumpYourPC.com / PumpMyPC.com / PumpUpMyPC.com at the competing forum for xx range where I did not even get a $10 offer here :(

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because out of all the forums, this is the one that containts the most professionals. If you visit a forum like ********, its a bunch of 12-15 year old amateurs who can't afford any decent domain names. So all the big boys come here and are not interested in mediocre names.

Also when I post my names for appraisal, i don't get that many responses here but atleast they are accurate. I once posted a great name for appraisal and got accurate ones here where as at ******** I got kids telling me its worth reg fee.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
byalik said:
Because out of all the forums, this is the one that containts the most professionals. If you visit a forum like ********, its a bunch of 12-15 year old amateurs who can't afford any decent domain names. So all the big boys come here and are not interested in mediocre names.

Also when I post my names for appraisal, i don't get that many responses here but atleast they are accurate. I once posted a great name for appraisal and got accurate ones here where as at ******** I got kids telling me its worth reg fee.
Awright! Question -> Do you think that the name ModelingTalk.com / ModellingTalk.com is premium? ;p

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not premium, its quite good, but not close to premium...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
premium would be like: models.com or talk.com

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:) For the record, I got a Four Figure offer at SPF for these names and no I am not thinking of letting them go as I bought them to be developed.

I think that what I am going to do is that for some time I am going to keep track of sales threads at DNf and see what type of domains sell the most here and try build inventory for them.

On a sidenote, no one should take the title of the thread literally as I did it for its shock factor.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pulsetoday said:
Hmm... Are GadgetsTalk.com / SolidHosts.net / HostReviewWatch.com / HostReviewsWatch.com/SpamUp.com that bad :p

The first one had even a site and I was asking for all offers. :D

Yet no one even sent me a PM :(

I really have to be screwing things up real hard :p

No offense, but all those domains you listed really suck.

Just made up word combinations with no real meaning.

Anyone could make up equal or better domains without paying a premium to you.

Just my opinion.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even if people don't like you they'll still make offers on your domains if they are nice domains.
It's called swallowing your pride.
It's ignorant to ignore a good deal just because you may not get along with whomever is selling the domain.
That goes for if your selling the names or buying the names. Suck it up and do the deal.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:) You are fully entitled to your opinion Sir but on a sidenote these names are not really made up.

Gadgets = A small specialized mechanical or electronic device; a contrivance. (http://www.answers.com/gadgets&r=67)

Talk is keyword used by forums like WebHostingTalk.com.

Solid Hosts :D Of good quality and substance: a solid foundation. And hosts = Webhosts.

:) Nevertheless, I'll try finding what folks look out for here.

And MediaHound - I was not being literal with the word >> do people hate me <<.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with nitronet. Just a bunch of sucky domains.

Don't know if people here "hate" you, but I don't think you will make many friends by whining and saying how wonderful other forums are and how nobody here apreciates your "wonderful" domains.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it just comes down to the buyers. Thats it. Plain and simple.. Each site you have different buyers and im sure each crowd is different in many ways.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
I agree with nitronet. Just a bunch of sucky domains.

Don't know if people here "hate" you, but I don't think you will make many friends by whining and saying how wonderful other forums are and how nobody here apreciates your "wonderful" domains.
Thank you for your kind words :) I really appreciate them!

SouthernTn said:
it just comes down to the buyers. Thats it. Plain and simple.. Each site you have different buyers and im sure each crowd is different in many ways.
Bingo! Mate, you hit the nail on the head :D

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pulsetoday said:
:) For the record, I got a Four Figure offer at SPF for these names and no I am not thinking of letting them go as I bought them to be developed.

I think that what I am going to do is that for some time I am going to keep track of sales threads at DNf and see what type of domains sell the most here and try build inventory for them.

On a sidenote, no one should take the title of the thread literally as I did it for its shock factor.

by four figures you mean $XX.XX right? like $10.95 or similar..

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
by four figures you mean $XX.XX right? like $10.95 or similar..
Nope. No dots involved.

It was for ModelingTalk.com / ModellingTalk.com / TopModelHunt.com package :)

BTW Top Model Hunt is a Modeling Compatition by the Metropolitan Modeling Agency.

On a sidenote, I got my reason why I am not able to sell much here i.e. I am targeting wrong.

So thanks everyone for your opinions.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like you're getting some appraisals now :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom