Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do people hate me here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Looks like you're getting some appraisals now :)

Good luck!
LOL True Mate ;)

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found the same thing. I list my sales at DNF, NP, and DS. It's more upkeep, but the other forums provide more sales, and the people there are more inclined to buy on impulse whether than looking over the implications of the domain they are purchasing.

It is true that DNF generally has more professionals, but I wouldn't say that everyone here is professional. Lately I've been seeing a lot of inappropriate posts and childish bickering. But all in all, yes, people here are more discriminating. For a seller, this means you may have better success elsewhere, but if you have really spectacular domains, DNF is the best place

I like your modelingtalk.com set. I may have made an offer on these. However, the others have some core problems:

GadgetsTalk.com - GadgetTalk.com would be much better. Plural nouns don't come across well as adjectives, so "Plural" + "talk" is not really proper English, and has little value as a domain.
SolidHosts.net - Would be great as a .com. As a .net, this is less than mediocre.
HostReviewWatch.com - Who needs a site to "watch" the "host review" sites? Isn't that fairly redundant? HostWatch.com or HostReview.com would be great, but this domain is simply worthless.
HostReviewsWatch.com - Same here, but the plural makes it even worse.
SpamUp.com - Fair brand, but people on this board don't value brands very highly. They tend to go for keywords, links, and typos (in other words -- traffic).

So, you see, it's nothing personal. Just keep at it until you find what people are looking for. Good luck!

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
I've found the same thing. I list my sales at DNF, NP, and DS. It's more upkeep, but the other forums provide more sales, and the people there are more inclined to buy on impulse whether than looking over the implications of the domain they are purchasing.

It is true that DNF generally has more professionals, but I wouldn't say that everyone here is professional. Lately I've been seeing a lot of inappropriate posts and childish bickering. But all in all, yes, people here are more discriminating. For a seller, this means you may have better success elsewhere, but if you have really spectacular domains, DNF is the best place

I like your modelingtalk.com set. I may have made an offer on these. However, the others have some core problems:

GadgetsTalk.com - GadgetTalk.com would be much better. Plural nouns don't come across well as adjectives, so "Plural" + "talk" is not really proper English, and has little value as a domain.
SolidHosts.net - Would be great as a .com. As a .net, this is less than mediocre.
HostReviewWatch.com - Who needs a site to "watch" the "host review" sites? Isn't that fairly redundant? HostWatch.com or HostReview.com would be great, but this domain is simply worthless.
HostReviewsWatch.com - Same here, but the plural makes it even worse.
SpamUp.com - Fair brand, but people on this board don't value brands very highly. They tend to go for keywords, links, and typos (in other words -- traffic).

So, you see, it's nothing personal. Just keep at it until you find what people are looking for. Good luck!
When I first saw my inbox that someone had replied to this thread, I though - Duh! Another one to flame me! But when I opened to mail to see your thread and read this line - People on this board don't value brands very highly. They tend to go for keywords, links, and typos (in other words -- traffic) - I though, One sensible response atleast!!!

I am no way a full time domainer... just that I usually buy most of the names as a protection for terms that we heavily advertise ( e.g. SellAdSpace.com / AdSpaceDeals.com etc. ) against squatters...

BTW you have a PM!

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never heard of you until now, so no...i dont hate ya..

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pulsetoday said:
I think that what I am going to do is that for some time I am going to keep track of sales threads at DNf and see what type of domains sell the most here and try build inventory for them.

This is the best thing you had to say. I think this is a good plan for you to approach in trying to make some decent domain investments. Stop worrying about the personal stuff and get down to business :)

Good luck,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom