Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Do you read WIPO domain name dispute reports? How to protect our domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read some WIPO domain name dispute decisions recently. Sorry to see several experienced/reputable forum members have lost their domain names even include a LN.net

As a domainer, it's unavoidable to own some domain name that has been registered as Trademark by other companies. Even LL, NL, LN, NN domains. I know if the complainant can prove each of the following elements they can win the domain.

(i) The disputed domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which Complainant has rights; and

(ii) Respondent has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and

(iii) The disputed domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.

May I ask how you guys protect your domain names regarding these 3 elements? (better with a published WIPO case)

Thanks in advance.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a valuable domain, put a mini site up on it. Use it. If the value of the domain is huge, that is my best advice. If the value is not that great..under 5-10k, then dont worry about it, since imo, if you get a c and d letter, you can negotiate a sale for less than the cost of the Compainant going to UDRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom