Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do you remember .mobi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've rejected $xx,xxx offers for Shows.mobi & FlashGames.mobi.

I love myopic naysayers. They have always fueled my success.

Michael

so you want $XXX,XXX ? or dot com offers for a .mobi?

didn't flashgames.COM sell in the $XXX,XXX range?

I think your expectations are too high.

keep in mind people .mobi keeps all the premiums to themselves to auction them off later or dole them out via the RFP process.

Domain Days 2024

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The above domains have been sold to domainers, or users speculating on the value increasing in the future, so the above numbers mean almost nothing.

I'm just a newbi here but I think you hit the nail on the head, primarily speculators are buying these domains and driving up the value against each other, much like what happened during the real estate boom. Some are banking on the fact that .com owners will pay big bucks for theredomain.mobi once it takes off, my fear is that it never will.

I dont have anything against Mobi or any other TLD, I look at history and trends, how much promotion or attention these TLD's have recieved in the past. Its been several years since, .us, .biz, .pro, .md and others have been available, and yet I very rarely see one of these TLD's printed on a business card, seen on a commercial, heard on the radio or advertised in any other way, and their eventually forgotten, I'd like to know what makes others think that .mobi will be any different?

david4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, these days, seems .eu is hotter.

however, .mobi still making a stronger future.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its been several years since, .us, .biz, .pro, .md and others have been available, and yet I very rarely see one of these TLD's printed on a business card, seen on a commercial, heard on the radio or advertised in any other way, and their eventually forgotten, I'd like to know what makes others think that .mobi will be any different?

I see .us all over the place (on the side of trucks, billboards, local cable commercials) in the Washington Dc metro area...

I know a lot of local businesses that missed out on .com use .us

I agree that .biz, .pro, & .md are forgotten though.

I do think .mobi will be different so as long as development occurs.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The above domains have been sold to domainers, or users speculating on the value increasing in the future, so the above numbers mean almost nothing.

Take a look and see how many of the above domains are actually being developed, I looked at the first 6 and most are either parked or don't resolve. That should tell you a bit about where the market is heading. Luc L.

Hi Luc
you cannot say the sales mean nothing. The vast MAJORITY of sales on sedo, afternic, etcetera are to domainers / speculators.. in ALL EXTENSIONS LOL :rolleyes:
WE drive this industry. We obviously need development & endusers to come into the pictUre, but this is such early days.
These early mobi sales are unprecedented. At this moment in time i'm not bothered who's doing the buying too much as it is important to make early money also. That's just commonsense as noone has a crystal ball. Like everything you have to go on the here & now & speculate about what the future will bring which is what the investors, myself included are doing.
Also many like you say are undeveloped, well there are legions of premier .coms unsold & undeveloped. They have traffic on their side of course but they didn't for years, in many cases.
It is actually the continued decade long (longer in some cases)undevelopment of key .coms that will actually help .mobi even more, provided the public get to know about the extension & development of .mobis.
I will be helping the cause & my own cause by mobi development this year.
2007 ;)
There is also the continued hope of the holy grail. Remember how your browser used to default to .com?
Well if mobile phone browsers default to .mobi and/or there is a .mobi button etc... we're running on Gas! :lol:
Happy New Year.mobi
Predator ;)

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so you want $XXX,XXX ? or dot com offers for a .mobi?

didn't flashgames.COM sell in the $XXX,XXX range?

I think your expectations are too high.

keep in mind people .mobi keeps all the premiums to themselves to auction them off later or dole them out via the RFP process.

Earth to DNWizard:

FlashGames.com sold for $227,000 in January 2006, I know.

I don't want $227,000 for FlashGames.mobi, but I'll sell at a value north of the low $xx,xxx offers I've received.

Obviously, you have not looked at the .mobi Premium list.

Just because the Premium .mobi's are deemed "premium," it does not mean they are worth more than those earned during LandRush.

DNWizard, would you rather own Attorney.mobi (LandRush) vs. Pomeranian.mobi (Premium) or Ads.mobi (LandRush) vs. Acidrain.mobi (Premium) or Amphibians.mobi (Premium) vs. Shows.mobi (LandRush) .......I could cite several more examples.

Keep in mind people, just because domains were deemed "premium" by the .mobi registry does not translate to premiums holding more value than those earned during LandRush or post-LandRush.

Michael

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, there are alot of names on that premium list that don't make any sense..

pomeranian.mobi???

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just hope the .mobi does become a success, as i've ploughed quite a pile of money into them, but in the end, the old saying comes out, 'you've got to speculate to accumulate' now if it wasn't for 'speculators' alot of the things you take for granted these days would never have existed, such as the car, the train etc etc, as they all needed speculators to invest in them! I think the .mobi hater has a valid arguement, yet so does the .mobi speculator. It's a 50/50 split. But for people like Pred and a few others they have already earned back their outgoings and have domains left to turn into pure profit. Whether the buyers are speculators or end users it doesn't matter the result is a sale and thats what counts.... in my eyes anyway!

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its simple when i connect to the internet via my mobile i go .com not . anything else and i dont know of anybody who goes .mobi if .mobi wants to make it it needs serious development fast otherwise it will become dead wood like most other new extensions,but i could see it take off with the younger generation but like i said it must move fast !

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its simple when i connect to the internet via my mobile i go .com not . anything else and i dont know of anybody who goes .mobi if .mobi wants to make it it needs serious development fast otherwise it will become dead wood like most other new extensions,but i could see it take off with the younger generation but like i said it must move fast !

.mobi must have been created because the manufacturers and mobile developers recognise a definite need for .mobi I suspect over the long term. I doubt that dotmobi care about short term market changes. I guess they won't worry about a slight dip in last weeks after-market sales because they must know that there will be a definite need for .mobi end use over the long term. They must know this, although I haven't seen their exact reasons as to why end-users can't do without a mobi. Anyway I sense some very large sales are due to keep the momentum going for dotmobi.

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Large sales may keep momentum going, but those of us who have chosen to invest in .mobi need to develop our sites. Thats the only true way to make this work.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Large sales may keep momentum going, but those of us who have chosen to invest in .mobi need to develop our sites. Thats the only true way to make this work.

Perhaps mobi will work over the long term because of the definite predicted necessity for a mobile specific domain for business end users. This vital need for a small screen domain must have already been identified by the Dot Mobi company. That's why dot mobi exists. Mobi is not just for domainers is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom