Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do you still class .info as a ‘new’ extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leading Names said:
Or spain.info (17,670) against spain.com (143,437) :-D.

Zouzas, did you check the Alexa for imageshack.us? 3,062 - Impressive stuff :)

- Rob

yes,,the traffic for hosting.com such a generic keyword doesn;t even come close :-D

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what do you all think of a name like CreditCard.info?

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
creditcard.info very nice ,,goes great with the extension

i recently got The.info planning a directory

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the last post i'll ever make on any .info related thread at DNF..

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" .. from 'cool hand luke'

Or more precisely there are two kinds of people. Those who make money and those who do not. The well known highly regarded .info sites posted above are either government information portals advertised via tax dollars to the general public or information sites made popular by the info they give away for free.

For those of you interested in 'profit' and 'entrepreneurial spirit'. I would suggest garnering the .com of your first choice name. Anybody can argue that anything is good. But I prefer to follow the dollars (or euro) to the land of .com where anyone with the right idea or an even remotely good idea can get that idea off the ground through the natural traffic flow that their good .com name gets.

When I was a kid on the playground there were always kids who didn't get along with the others for one reason or another. Invariably they would say I'm leaving your crummy playground and starting my own. Of course 'their' playground was never as good as the real playground. THAT is what .info is ... a lousy playground imo. Go get an .eu when it launches that will be different. info/biz/pro/museum.. this is all bullsh*t.

The only people who will tell you .info is any good are those .com holders who perceive you as a competative threat and dare not encourage you to compete against them in the .com space. Don't follow their misinformation.. follow the money... "follow the money".

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chaiki said:
This is the last post i'll ever make on any .info related thread at DNF..
Or more precisely there are two kinds of people. Those who make money and those who do not. .......
For those of you interested in 'profit' and 'entrepreneurial spirit'. I would suggest garnering the .com of your first choice name.

Chaiki,

There is no 100% correct answer regarding which tld's to own.

We need to diversify for future growth.

.com is king today. No argument from me. (40-50% of my small holdings are .com.)

But, that might not be the case 5 yrs from now.

Plus, the availability of quality .coms is less than in the other tlds.

Many of us today are faced with the question.

Do we register

DomainNames101.com
DomainNames.net
Domain.info

So, many of us are buying/registering all three. In this case, we are planning
for today and tomorrow.

Incidently, by having these discussions with diversity of opinions, we all learn.
The only time we get into trouble is when we take it personal.

Therefore, if you don't mind, I would still like to continue to play in the
"big boys" sandbox. :-D

Rob, I'm sorry if I keep taking your thread off onto a tangant.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I find the content of this thread very interesting.

I think .info is definitely a well established TLD both for speculators and consumers. About 2 years ago, I noticed that the public transport system for the city of Montreal (city of roughly 3 million eyeballs in the greater area) was using www.stm.info - that was a key indicator for me.

It's always how one brands the site..., a good domain simply helps speed up the process, and I think that a good .info is a good domain. :)

All IMHO, of course! ;)

Rob

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
THAT is what .info is ... a lousy playground imo. Go get an .eu when it launches that will be different. info/biz/pro/museum.. this is all bullsh*t.

The only people who will tell you .info is any good are those .com holders who perceive you as a competative threat and dare not encourage you to compete against them in the .com space. Don't follow their misinformation.. follow the money... "follow the money".[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------

chaiki:
only if you have lousy infos which of course there are plenty of as is true in all extensions. i have one .info that is paying more than $1 per click thru at sedo--higher than any dot com i own.--- not bad for a lousy info. i 100% agree that dot coms will always rule. i do not perceive any owners of .info as a threat and welcome all persons who are interested to buy or register dot coms, dot infos, or whatever extension they choose. i have been in this business off and on since the nineties and you generally can get a feel over a period of time which extensions are going to be successful and which ones won't. don't be too quick to dismiss infos; there are still good ones to be registered or purchased if you take the time to do some research.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter how many info sites there are or if your infos are going to make immediate money. You have to look at this long term. There is nothing wrong with diversifying your portfolio to include info and biz etc.. Over the past 12-18 months my portfolio has started to include lots of orgs, infos and a few biz. If you dismiss these I think you will be missing out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom