Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Do you visit anything other than .com, .net, .org or .gov websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People in the UK visit .uk far more than other extentions.

Big global brands have local sites eg. google.co.uk .

It is very much like .com.au etc where 'locals' value their own extention alot as it 'vouches' for the country of origin (in theory!).

Domain Days 2024

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.co.uk occassionally othe ccTLD

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Tokyo
If it's a company's main site it's co.jp (Because only a company can register one)
It's it's any other Japanese site it's usually .jp
More common than seeing dot com being advertised now.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is a great point. I have not visited many .jp domains. Can you suggest any cool ones?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I visit a lot of .us sites.
I visit a lot of .cn sites as I import products from China and need to look at manufacturers pics.
Almost never.biz
Occassional .info
Occassional .cc/.tv

rusty123

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use .com.au for anything i want to buy as I figure its easier and probably safer to shop in my own country. When surfing i visit whatever comes up in the search engines which is mostly .com

Now and then i see a .org more rarely .info and .co.uk dont think i've ever seen a .ws or any of the other extensions come up in the major search engines, else i didnt notice.

D

Deleted member 78222

When I search msn from South Africa, co.za sites appear before com, net etc in the search results so consequently, when I'm looking for SA sites or products I use msn.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say that most of the time i either type in the name of the company i am looking for (eg looking for Microsofts website i would say.. well i bet it is microsoft.com and i would type that in) otherwise i ALWAYS use a search engine.. google yahoo etc to look for "microsoft" and usually the domain if the company i am looking for comes up in the first few results. I look at the name of the link that google comes up with to see if its probably the actual site i am looking for.
but as far as typing in other extentions i almost never do unless i know the website in advance either from seeing it somewhere or someone telling me. Such as i know the website www.Last.fm is a site with music on it that i use.

indyan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really look at the Link Text or SE description and rarely the domain name for first visits... if it is kewl ... they get to my huge bookmark list ...
I can see from that list - more than 70% is .com and only 10% in there is International TLDs... rest is .org/.net ... no sightings of .us or .biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom