Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Does adsense have any serious competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks I was wondering, excluding systems like parked.com and sedo.com who administer your ppc program for you and then pay you a cut, assuming I am going to use a service like noomle or whypark and put my own ad code on my domains without any middle man, is there any real competition to adsense, I have heard not really and that even its biggest competitors if you can call them that like adbrite, chitika, ect, pay very little in comparison. So is there any serious competition to the adsense type system in terms of payouts? What’s your thoughts? Who else pays well?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The main non-parked competition for Adsense is Yahoo's YPN. However, I feel they are a distant second in overall results.

Personally, I have been using YPN less and less ever since they suddenly and without merit took away my rights to use their keyword ad targeting tool I was using to better target their ads on my sites which were sometimes poorly targeted..

They called me about it when I complained and we spoke at length. The rep was friendly but she would not or could not say why they took it away from my account other than I was not using it to their liking That was BS as I always used it with true and exact targeting in mind involving the keywords and content and never once deviated from that in the slightest degree and have no idea why they said that. I am guessing it was because I was forcing ads in the right category but they had poor invetory in those (higher paying) categories so could not deliver the appropriate ads and therefore really did not really want targeted ads. There is no other explanation.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, the last time I checked YPN was available to US residents only, not much good for me I am afraid.

Any others worth considering?

Thanks

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you can try chitika but so far CPC compared to adsense is TERRIBLE!. CTR is up cause they are nicer looking ads, but CPC is just not good.. but then again it could just be my particular niche that has less advertisers.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PPC no, but in POV of a publisher (You) affiliates are the real alternatives to make multiple times more on the same time that uses Adsense only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom