Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does anyone believe there are any high end domains in the drops these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious, because for me most of the names that drop are pure crap with the odd decent one in the mix.

Who is the best service to sort the list and find the top 100 that drop daily?

Pool had 91,473 Domains Deleting Tomorrow and I am certainly not going through that list.

Who offers the best filtered lists to look for the top 100 names?

-=DCG=-

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am suprised you just dont use a tool to scan the list, by past ovt/w etc.

I can narrow thousands of names down in 5 minutes.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are definitely high end names in the drops...not every day, but every week. In the past few weeks I have seen some great Geo .com's drop.

I do not get a top list from anyone though so I would not be any help there...I scan through about 20k names a night though usually and go with my gut...and some analytics.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I picked up a drop for under $100 and sold it for a nice change, all within 2 months. :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Q: Does anyone believe there are any high end domains in the drops these days?

A: Yes, yes, yes, yes, oh hell yes, don't stop...

Seriously, yes per my bank account and 2011 sales.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The drops are 99.8% junk.
The prerelease are different, more decent domains and there are still bargains to be had.

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who offers the best filtered lists to look for the top 100 names?
Anyone who has such a list is probably going to pick the best names out of it for themselves before releasing it to others.

I haven't seen a truly great domain drop that hasn't gone to the auctions, it's possible to get some domains that are getting residual traffic from past use, but once that traffic ends the domain might not be that great just by itself.

By the way we were hoping that YOU could tell us where to find some good domains. :)

-

Last edited:

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Q: Does anyone believe there are any high end domains in the drops these days?

A: Yes, yes, yes, yes, oh hell yes, don't stop...

Seriously, yes per my bank account and 2011 sales.

How much do have in your bank account,

You don't have to say the exact amount, but give us some idea so we know what we are dealing with here. :)

-

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
High end names do not drop - They float
If they're dropped that are not high end.

I think the day will come that there will not be any actual drops...only 'floats'

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much do have in your bank account,

You don't have to say the exact amount, but give us some idea so we know what we are dealing with here. :)

-
Sorry, not going to happen.

I do have a drop picked up about one year ago on the present sales list of DNJournal.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread has gotten pretty ridiculous.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think most drops are crap. When the gems drop, the fools bid them up to ridiculous prices. I have stopped participating in auctions long ago.

Dynamic1

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are some real nice drops but problem is they take time to go through. Even using software misses a Diamond in the rough here and there.
I have picked up a nice one about once a month. But I litterally spend 40 or so hours to find a real good drop. It is exhausting and my mind starts playing tricks on me after hours on end.

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There still are some good, very good and great domains dropping/deleting thsee days but the percentage of these (from total deletes) has become incrementally smaller over the past cupla years.... so ya hafta exspend a bit more time and focus in panning for the solid gold.

One of the reasons (but certainly not the only) for fewer valuable gems making to the pending delete stage... is that "Some" registrars are "cherry-picking" many of the desireable/premium expired domains before/during redemption period and keeping them for their own proprietary portfolios to sell later on at a tidy profit....thus, on many of these choice domains, drop-catch customers and the general public are "prevented" from getting an opportunity to acquire such domains since such names don't even make it to pending delete stage and then fully "Drop" from registration

In many industries this would be deemed to be: blatant conflict of interest, sweetheart delas, unfair advantage and self-dealing.... on Wall Street & the Securities Industry, this could be on par with insider trading and front-running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom