Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Does ENOM charge $15 when you push a domain to another account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought a domain name, and now the seller demands a $15 transfer fee. Since the domain is at Enom, and I have an Enom account, he can simply push the domain to my account, right?

I've never been charged $15 for that!!! Has anyone ever heard of this, or had to pay this fee?

(Furthermore, he wants an extra $5 for a PayPal payment, but that's not too bad..)

Tino

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Answer to question is "No" Enom do not charge.
However many sellers, on Ebay for example, charge a "Handling" or "Administration" fee.
Some agree with it, some don't but it should be stated before the sale.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you bought it on Ebay, he is trying to avoid paying fees on the whole amount of the sale. He SHOULD have listed it with a starting price of $15.

Webname is right though - it should have been stated before the sale went through. If this is not the case, I wouldn't pay it.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I "reminded" the seller of the fact that Enom -> Enom pushes are free. :) So he deducted the $15.00.

Thanks for those real quick responses! Great!

Tino

WebMomentum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Boy that's nice to hear about the seller ... I'd imagine not too many sellers would waive the fee

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tino,

Another thing you may wish to "remind" them is that they could have their PayPal account suspended if you were to mention they surcharged you for using PayPal.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebMomentum
Boy that's nice to hear about the seller ... I'd imagine not too many sellers would waive the fee
That kind of so-called "transfer fee" basically makes their $1 starting bid $16! Not a good way to sell domains; and I never buy a name that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom