Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain accuired by Pool.com while i was transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the problem , i was transferring my domain from Namescout to Name.com and the domain was expired 2-3 days maybe , i initiated the transfer , entered the auth code and got the email from Name.com and authorized the transfer and today i type in Eluu.com and i see the Pool.com page ? what happened ?

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't transfer expired domains.

YES, you can. REgistrars don't like to make it easy to do, but they are mandated by ICANN to allow it...

Namescout is to blame on this one.
Seems the name was actually registered at one of the "other" Pool tags...

Domain Name: ELUU.COM
Registrar: 3684458 CANADA, INC. DBA QUARK.CA INTERNET SERVICE CORPORATION
Whois Server: whois.quark.ca
Referral URL: http://www.quark.ca
Name Server: DNS.POOL.COM
Name Server: DNS2.POOL.COM
Updated Date: 06-nov-2009
Creation Date: 14-oct-2008
Expiration Date: 14-oct-2010

Expired over a month ago. The fooked you on the transfer.
I'd be screaming at NameScout first thing in the morning or this one's going on the auction block....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Tell me how you can transfer expired domains - instead of renewing them. It's impossible to even obtain auth codes.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
like I said, Registrars don't always cooperate.

I transferred a bunch of names out of a GoDaddy reseller not too long ago that were all expired.

The BS with Registrars changing whois info, etc makes it hard too.

But ICANN specifically forbids denying a transfer on an expired name for the reason of being expired. Not saying that they allways follow the rules, but that is the rule....

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tell me how you can transfer expired domains - instead of renewing them. It's impossible to even obtain auth codes.
There is no technical reason why you could not. The problem is most of registrars LOCK domains after expiry and do not allow transfer, might be against ICANN rules. I would threaten making ICANN complain.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namescout will list your domain for auction at their marketplace 21 days after expiry.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OF COURSE one can transfer expired domains. And some registrars let you access and even edit auth codes any time. Perhaps you should start looking fro a better registrar.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I ahev done it before, I think out of dotster, or was it enom.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I won this domain in a Pool auction today and Pool.com sends this email:

Dear Customer:

The Pool.com Domain MarketPlace is pleased to confirm your purchase of eluu.com. The domain is now registered to the name of your choosing. As a result, Pool.com has released funds being held in escrow to the seller and this transaction is considered complete.

Thank you for purchasing your domain through the Pool.com Domain MarketPlace and we look forward to the opportunity to serve your domain aftermarket needs again.

Regards

Pool.com Customer Service

But, I have yet to receive the domain, or any information on how to access this domain.

I initially placed a bid weeks ago, can't even remember... but my CC has been charged and I have to wait til tomorrow to contact the customer service.

Guess we are both in a pickle here...
-Mike C.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is no technical reason why you could not. The problem is most of registrars LOCK domains after expiry and do not allow transfer, might be against ICANN rules. I would threaten making ICANN complain.

Right. I was talking about practical issues, such as locking a domain, changing the WHOIS, hiding the auth code etc. It's obvious that if such an option is lawful, it's hidden under the full weight of every registrar :upset:

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
found the domain, they put it in my NameScout account but didn't bother to send me a email. Gafadi, considering your situation, PM me and maybe we can work something out to get you back your name.

thanks,
-Mike C.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
May i ask how much you paid for the domain ?

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM'ed you price, I am not going to charge you more than I paid for it. Just cover fee's if any.

Thanks,
-Mike C.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank alot for Mike's generous offer, today i fell like i am part of a good community rather than just another Domain trade forums.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank alot for Mike's generous offer, today i fell like i am part of a good community rather than just another Domain trade forums.

that's how I feel being part of this community, most of us are pretty darn good :yes:

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...If what you say truly happened file a complaint with ICANN and a small claims court fee against namescout.

problem is, that is definitely going to cost more that whatever the price of the domain was at Pool... which he was just generously offered the name back for as well.

zurc.net gets props.

D

Deleted member 5660

Tucows allows the transfer of expired domains, you get several weeks to do it after expiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom