Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain aging

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Also, do somce scanning and you will see that older domains (it sounds funny even as I type it) actually get higher offers assuming all else is equal.

As you mention it. I have looked at the date when the expiring domain was registered.

And, I guess I subconciously think it has more value. Or, more potential for traffic.

But, I would not kill a deal because of the former registration date.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ask if he'll buy a crappy domain that was regged back in 1992 for $xx,xxx !? :laugh:

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get the same thing as well as regards to domains. Generally I never sell names right after they are caught on the drop just because of this phenomena.

My guess is many buyers especially end buyers really don't understand or appreciate the market mechanics of domain names. One appreciates domains more after squandering all your hard earned money for a portfolio only to let them age and then watching helplessly as your cash flow misses the renewal dates.

Even so I know this psychosis effects even seasoned domainers as it effects me.

I hope to "season" some dot biz as age shows maturity even if it doesn't :wink:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the domain market is more similar to the wine market than real estate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom