Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Domain Appraisal Experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I have been in media business for over five years. Over the course I collected a few domains that I once wanted to develop into websites. With time becoming a luxury, I am thinking of selling around 35-40 of these domains that I no longer have time for.

Since I have never sold a domain before, I am looking for three domain experts to help me with the process. I am hoping that with feedback and advice from both experts I can set the right average price.

I am looking for 3 (three) advisors to help me:

- appraise fairly and reasonably the value of 40 domains (almost all of them are .com and .net);
- suggest the best strategy(ies) to follow and tools to use to sell them at target price;

I believe this won't take more than 30-45 minutes if you are an expert in the field. I will pay $20 for your evaluation and advice (PayPal only).

Preferred communication:
MSN Messenger: [email protected]
Email (t.b. provided over MSN/ICQ)

OPTIONAL FOR EACH ADVISOR: Propose a broker fee/plan to sell the names for me and retain a commission. *We can talk about this over MSN/ICQ.

Appraisals and proposals can both be sent by email.

Requirements:

- Professional advice and suggestions are important to me. I am only looking to work with DNForum members who have a respectable status and professional profile/portfolio.

- Great communication skills.

- Enthusiastic.

Please post below or PM me if you are interested. Let me know a little about your professional activity. I appreciate your interest.

Best,
Artashes

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Artashes said:
I believe this won't take more than 30-45 minutes if you are an expert in the field. I will pay $20 for your evaluation and advice (PayPal only).
First off, welcome aboard, Artashes. :)

But not to be rude, I don't see how spending like 1 minute per domain could be called *professional* at all (45 minutes per domain would be more reasonable), not to say that you are paying $20 in TOTAL. To be honest, if I were you, I would rather save those $60 by simply posting those name in the Appraisal forum here:

http://www.dnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Good luck.

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice, nameslave. As well as a welcome.

You are correct in a certain way - I would certainly not get the most professional advice, and I cannot expect that for $20. What I would simply like to buy is personal attention. I can surely make a general post in that forum to which your link points (and I thought of it), however, I believe the appraisals provided to me that way would be even less accurate. And I certainly do not want to act based on those evaluations. (No disrespect to appraisals made on the forum, just practice shows individual attention has been a better performer for me personally.)

I should probably make it a little more clear that I am not looking for detailed appraisals. Just as close as possible. That is why I am asking for three perspectives, not one, which will help drive them to an average.

Best,
Artashes

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A proper appraisal would require the name, date registered (or year), traffic statistics and revenue (if any). If you're going to post in the appraisal forum make sure you include this information to get the best appraisal you can.

Appraisals can be done on just the name alone, but more information makes it more valuable.

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks, that is an excellent suggestion! I didn't know of all those factors. At this stage, however, I can provide the following: name, date registered (or year) and expiry date. Since the domains are just sitting without business, traffic statistics and revenue are non-existent. That is why evaluations would be lower and the appraisal task simpler. I am a reasonable person and I know that not having stats and revenue will make the value less, and I am ready to consume the information/loss.

So the evaluation would basically come down to just names, their registration date and potential. Because without that, I will never be able to move on and sell at a level that is at least close to fair.

Best,
Artashes

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi again guys,

I am entertaining one interesting idea that someone suggested. What if instead of having one person appraise all domains, that one domain expert will evaluate domain(s) as I decide to sell them (most likely will be selling one by one) and gain 5% of the appraised by him/her sale? Some domains were initially evaluated as low-mid XXX.

Would that work better?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom