Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain management after your death

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know it's kind of morbid to think about, but as I prepare my will, I have to determine the disposition of my domains after I die. I don't want them to expire or be firesale dumped, my wife and daughter don't have a clue what do to with them and I fear without a plan for the executor to follow, all will expire.

With about 1200 names, I consider it one of my largest assets - increasing in value monthly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to set the course of the management and marketing/sale of the domains after I move to heaven.com?

Perhaps there is some accounting firm or law firm out there that specializes in this type of thing, and if not, maybe this will inspire one to start this practice.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like you said, have a plan. Though your wife and daughter my not have a clue, but provide detailed instructions along with user names and passwords and an updated list of domains (should update periodically according to your domian movement, either monthly, weekly or even daily if you buy and sell 24/7, and make sure you have registrar and experation dates). You need to have someone you trust to manage the domains, but have ownership to your wife. Leave detailed instructions on how things work, tranfers, the do's and don'ts.

It really is tough to plan out, but you really have to.

BooYah

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree with DNQuest. Another idea might be to change your registration information in your name and her's in case of your demise. Or unless something happens, have your wife open up an account of her own and transfer all names to her. I doubt the government will even know you have these domain names unless you tell them, or you have a tax I.D. linking the domains to your last name. Just some food for thought. I am not an attorney, but I have thought of the senario before.

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback - all great ideas - Let's hope this doesn't happen for a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom