Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domain name problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awtoc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I just wonder if I have problems here, I once was a partner in a company, and as I have also my hosting business and domain API I purchased and paid with my own credit card the domain name, but later the partnership broke up which was due to my partner was involved with patent infringement, and I did not agree with this, and did not want to host the site on my server, so did not hand the domain name back, but later offered it to my ex partner, who in turn replied to my email " **** YOU " so now I have the domain name which I purchased and paid for from the beginning, but now I have posted some text on it which can be seen www.hallmart.net, I would like to know what could happen here ?

Any Ideas would be appriciated.

:evil:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"is known for previous violent behavior as he last year in a bar fight broke the kneecap of an New Zealand expat living in Shenzhen."

:-O Sounds like the domain is the least of your problems!

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
:-O Sounds like the domain is the least of your problems!

The domain name and business is obviously yours unless he atests to a written or verbal agreement between you two. I would take down that page however, before it gets indexed. Although it may be true, I would look at this as defamation which could directly impact any future business this person may do on the net. It's better just to state that there were differences and leave it that....no need to get specific.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but now I have posted some text on it

What you have posted is actionable defamatory text.

Your story is not clear to me. You offered the domain name to him, and he did not want it?

awtoc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh yes he was offered the domain name twice and each time I just received a e-mail back F*** You , and I even send him all the login info to change the passwords, and that was before I even posted anything other than " This site has been removed from our servers "

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
THIS SITE HAVE BEEN REMOVED
FROM OUR SERVERS DUE TO HALLMART LTD'S
ILEGAL ACTIVITIVES
WHICH IS IN BREACH OF OUR
HOSTING POLICY TERMS.

It should be "This site HAS been removed" and the word "illegal" is misspelled.

Why not just let the domain revert to a 404 error and cut your losses? You are just keeping things going, and it might be better to let it go.

awtoc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So how would it work if hallmart where to take legal action ?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So how would it work if hallmart where to take legal action ?

Regardless of whatever your dispute with this person might be, you seem to have failed to pick up on that you are not playing to a sympathetic crowd here in view of the fact that you seem to be more motivated to make a public accusation that someone has done something illegal than to resolve a business dispute.

Read healingsites' post a few more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom