Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question Domain Name Questions

This is a general or domain name related question.

moonlife447

Reaction score
HELLO I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT DOMAIN NAME.
CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME PLEASE ?

DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY DOMAIN NAME ON A VARIETY OF DOMAIN EXTENSIONS?
HOW CAN I BE ASSURED THAT MY DOMAIN NAME WILL WORK?
SHOULD I GO WITH A NEW GTLD OVER .COM IF I CAN GET A SHORTER DOMAIN NAME?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are tons of extensions these days, and probably more coming. You CAN register several extensions, but it means multiplying your annual renewal costs! having only one extension is totally fine. Ideally, you want the .com.

What do you mean by the domain to "work"?

Having the .com is really great, IMHO. Probably better than a little shorter on another extension. But this would have to be seen on a case by case basis.

Domain summit 2024

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
DO I NEED TO REGISTER MY DOMAIN NAME ON A VARIETY OF DOMAIN EXTENSIONS?
Hi,
IMO, First, go for .com, then if you want and see many potentialities in your name then you can go for some other TLDs, for instance, net, .org, .co, .io, etc. If the name has a country-specific value then .de or .co.uk can be good extensions to take.
But as already @DomainsGENERAL.com told, the higher the number of domains, higher the renewal costs. And again, a large number of domain names management is always difficult. Remember, a small number of domains have potentiality in different extensions. Please consider these things.
HOW CAN I BE ASSURED THAT MY DOMAIN NAME WILL WORK?
If you mean 'sale' by 'work', then it is very difficult to be assured. Your names need to have the great potentiality for this. Dictionary words meaningful combo are one kind of name that have many possibilities to be sold.
If you mean to earn by developing your domain name, then you need to focus on the content, SEO, affiliate marketing strategy, etc. If you can do these, your domain name will work in most cases.
SHOULD I GO WITH A NEW GTLD OVER .COM IF I CAN GET A SHORTER DOMAIN NAME?
Shorter is better, but remember .com is the King. In general, a larger name in .com is better than a shorter name in other extensions. Again, though the demand for new gTLD is growing, it is nowhere close to .com yet.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to DNForum.
If you plan to develop a project then my answer is yes, you should buy the same domain in other extensions even if .COM is available, you should reg NET, .ORG extensions, however if .COM is not available, you can reg .IO or .CO alongside others mentioned.
Of course the renewal fee is higher for ccTLD's that is why i prefer NET/ORG extensions.
Also don't forget that content is 1 but domain without content is 0 that is why make sure your content is honey to the bees (end users).

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators