Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Name Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefsmurph

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are all domain names going to go up in value with time. Say I had a ok domain right now thats worth $50. In 4 years, can I feel pretty sure that the domain is going to be worth at least $100. Thanks.

etech-peter

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would mostly depend on the name. I think only good .com names and names which are brandable and have strong keywords in them will sell at much higher than their current price in the coming years. Just purchasing any domain and keeping it with a hope that it's value will increase in the coming years will not help.

chiefsmurph

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you think a 3 character 1 number .net domain could be a good investment? Is there a way to look this kind of a thing up or is this just a skill of the trade?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since All the LLN.com are taken the .net is the next best thing. As mentioned above it all depends on the name. It is hard to say what will happen in the future. Domains are becomming more scarce, but with more extensions coming out it is hard to say what the next big thing will be.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chiefsmurph said:
What determines the value of domains?
Not to sound sarcastic or anything, but the only true value of a domain name is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom