Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Names Withheld!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On November 9, I purchased 2 domain names from Nicorlino here at DNF. The names are OnlineSearch.info and OnlineSearch.biz.

I paid Nico using PayPal $68 (US)
OnlineSearch.info --- $20.00
OnlineSearch.biz --- $20.00
Renew Registration for OnlineSearch.biz because it was about to expire --- $12.00
Transfer OnlineSearch.info to GoodfellowHosting.com --- $8.25
Transfer OnlineSearch.biz to GoodfellowHosting.com --- $7.75

TOTAL --- US$68.00

Today's November 25, and neither of the 2 domain names have been transferred to GoodfellowHosting.com as the registrar, and ownership has not been transferred to me.

Nico agreed to transfer the domain names to GoodfellowHosting.com if I paid for it because they are currently in a German account, and I cannot read German.

I've been in constant contact with Nico via PM, and he keeps telling me that the transfer is under way, and that he's waiting for the paperwork to be completed. Today, after all this waiting, he sent a PM saying that he needs to fax a form for me to fill out before the names can be transferred to me.

I've been trading in domain names for years, and this is the first time I've ever been told that I had to fill out a paper form to get my domain names! There's also a problem in that I do not have a fax machine, and the nearest fax service to my home is approximately 20 miles (I live in the swamps of Alabama).

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? I have a receipt to show that I paid for these domain names, and I don't think that I should have to keep waiting for them to be transferred to me. At the speed that things are going right now, their registration will have expired by the time that I do get them (if I ever do get them).

Suggestions? Anybody?

--- C0113c70r :-(

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hi collector,
i just send you another pm about this matter! i am really sorry about this process taking so long! i am sure any other german member on this board can assure you that german registrars want faxes (because of signatures), but i will call them again in a few minutes to discuss any other way to handle this problem! i hope you understand i am trying everything possible to speed things up!
best regards
nico

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is not unusual for some registrars to require faxes.
on one occasion I had to do that.

and in the old days of netsol, the only way you could recover your password was by fax.
Some companies live in the 20th century still...

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I once lost my password for my account @ netsol a few years back... they were being unreasonable even after faxing them stuff, so I just initiated a transfer from another registrar & got it out of there. :-D

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say if you can't get the domains within the next week to request a refund.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CO113,
A month ago, I might agree that the transaction was moving too slow.

But, I have been trying to transfer a domain for over 3 weeks from
one of "my" accts at Nominate to "my" acct at Enom.

So, you might want to give Nico a little bit of slack. He seems to be
trying to get this resolved.

M

mole

Originally posted by actnow
But, I have been trying to transfer a domain for over 3 weeks from one of "my" accts at Nominate to "my" acct at Enom.

Hi act, these must be the .co.uk's Snapnames caught for you right?

I've got 2 over at BB-Online, they've done a great job beating dropcatcher/detagged to the game, at least for my kind of names. How long must you wait before you can transfer out? Is it the normal 60 days?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. It is a .com

Once, I get this name out of there. I will move the rest of my snap
names out of there.

The name I am trying to transfer is presold. And, I am selling it for
a very, very nice premium. So, it is annoying me that Nominate is
dragging their feet.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some registrars do definitely make life difficult and quite a few require paperwork for transfers - makes life difficult for both seller and buyer.

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"There's also a problem in that I do not have a fax machine, and the nearest fax service to my home is approximately 20 miles (I live in the swamps of Alabama)."

Do you have a postoffice close?
Then you could post the papers instead.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
20 miles is also less then 20 min drive.

I there is also something called ifax that lets you do it over the pc.

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe I wasn't too clear. I honestly believe that Nico is doing his best in this matter. I've only seen good things about him and his transactions at DNF, and I have confidence that he is trying. He's been very nice to do business with, so far.

My grudge is against the registrar. I've never encountered a registrar so slow, and so demanding.

The first step in this transaction was for Nico to renew OnlineSearch.biz in his name, and then to transfer the domain names from their current registrar to GoodfellowHosting while the names were still registered to him. In following these steps, I don't know why the current registrar wants info on me (they shouldn't even know that I exist at this point.

Once the domain names are transferred to GoodfellowHosting, it would then be a simple matter of "pushing" the names to me.

--- C0113c70r

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because he didn't do it like you requested?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by C0113c70r
There's also a problem in that I do not have a fax machine, and the nearest fax service to my home is approximately 20 miles (I live in the swamps of Alabama).

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

CO113,

Didn't Richard Shelby compaign 4 yrs ago that he wanted to put a fax machine
in every home in Alabama?

(Just Kidding)

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spider
Because he didn't do it like you requested?

I don't know... but it looks that way.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a nightmare on transfers of a few names of late.
Netsol reverses the registrant name and organization names on whois records and deny faxes requesting auth codes. Same with a couple European registrars. Enom denies transfers on a ton of names without any apparent reason. Aol does their best to delete transfer requests as "spam" coming from several registrar servers, so I don't even get the requests to approve. (Seems they only want you to get their "spam". Godaddy sends out "bundled" transfer lists and ask for approvals at their site. The problem with them is the bundled names all have different auth codes, but they only allow 1 space for 1 auth code on the reply, so only 1 name gets approved.

I never used to have a problem with transfers, but now a few have taken up to a couple months to complete.

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by C0113c70r
Maybe I wasn't too clear. I honestly believe that Nico is doing his best in this matter. I've only seen good things about him and his transactions at DNF, and I have confidence that he is trying. He's been very nice to do business with, so far.

My grudge is against the registrar. I've never encountered a registrar so slow, and so demanding.

The first step in this transaction was for Nico to renew OnlineSearch.biz in his name, and then to transfer the domain names from their current registrar to GoodfellowHosting while the names were still registered to him. In following these steps, I don't know why the current registrar wants info on me (they shouldn't even know that I exist at this point.

Once the domain names are transferred to GoodfellowHosting, it would then be a simple matter of "pushing" the names to me.

--- C0113c70r

thanks a lot for all of your trust collector,
i just talked to one of the registrars and they told me support will call me back later today to resolve this matter! the other one told me it shouldn't take much longer and i am confident we can work this out without a fax! once again sorry about all the hassles and i hope we will get this done this week!
best regards and all of my apologies about the german beauraucracy!
nico

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i forgot to add that collector has been very fair so far and is a pleasure to do business with!

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
finally good news:
the first auth code has been received and sent to collector! best news in days!
best regards
nico

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
efax.com :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom