Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

domain negotiation tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
what are your negotiation strategies when selling a domain?

Let's put this as scenario:
You are contacted from a company that says that is "very interested in purchasing your domain name". Also, it adds that domain investing is not their main business, they ask if you have received previous offers on that domain and will look forward for your price for the domain.

How would you react at this? Would you declare a price on your first reply, or will you wait them to make the first offer? And then, how would you reply to that offer? What would be your stop price? Given that the offer they make you is satisfying you, would you sell for that price or you will try to counteroffer for 1.5-2 times that offer?

I would say not to tell a price on your first reply, and make them do the first move, so you will see their real interest in the domain.

Thank you very much :)

Domain Days 2024

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"very interested in purchasing your domain name". Also, it adds that domain investing is not their main business, they ask if you have received previous offers on that domain and will look forward for your price for the domain.

This sounds like the opening line of the domain appraisal scam... if they for an appraisal that u have to pay for, beware...

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone starts with "very interested in purchasing your domain name" - I personally ignore them. If they are interested and for real, then they will start out with a $ offer. That is my historical perspective. Others may differ.

If you are really concerned, then require verifiable cash funds placed in advance in the escrow account of your lawyer to be disbursed upon satisfaction of the terms of an escrow agreement that spells out the terms of a domain name transfer.

:painkiller:

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is the domain appraisal scam?
and, what escrow serivce do you use? Is sedo secure for this kind of transactions?

Thanks

Namehunter

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the name is controversial / possible TM. The person contacting you is a lawyer trying to get "bad faith" on you agreeing to sell the name.

I agree with Lawpal "Show me the Money" and Esrow only. No funny Bu*****

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the email from someone PhD?

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes... is it a scam then?

just looked at the "scam alerts" forum, and yes the email I received is on that fashion, I have just posted a reply with what I have received. Thanks for saving me from a scam!! that's how dnforum members are really helpful for your business! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom