Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which do you think holds more value - .org or .info?

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which do you think holds more value - .org or .info?

.Org without hesitation!

Factually and emotionally

.Org was and may still be second only to .com in total reg figures
.Org has industry saturation and maturity, people seen it and know what is
.Org is one of my personal favorite extentions behind .com

What is .info? Does any major company use it, advertise it? Do people know what it is? Why is it used, when is it used? Info has limited uses, can u build an ecommerce site out of a .info, sure but who will use it with the .info. .info sounds like it's for info only and that's it's sole purpose. .Com/.Net/.Org have done it all.

Just some thoughts for the day.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.Org without hesitation!

Factually and emotionally

.Org was and may still be second only to .com in total reg figures
.Org has industry saturation and maturity, people seen it and know what is
.Org is one of my personal favorite extentions behind .com

What is .info? Does any major company use it, advertise it? Do people know what it is? Why is it used, when is it used? Info has limited uses, can u build an ecommerce site out of a .info, sure but who will use it with the .info. .info sounds like it's for info only and that's it's sole purpose. .Com/.Net/.Org have done it all.

Just some thoughts for the day.

yet about a year ago on average people here thought the opposite ! funny how things change !

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yet about a year ago on average people here thought the opposite ! funny how things change !

Not me, maybe the majority here but I never was a big fan of .info or .name and I still remain indifferent to both. .Org is great and proving it every week at Dnjournal. .Net is kinda like an orphan with no true identity, no one backs it one way or the other. .mobi is the only new ext I think has some value only for one reason and that's becasue the big boys are putting dollars behind it. I think some of the old timers, who know nothing about the internet, actually think there is a difference between .com and .mobi so they are spending advertising dollars to make it succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom