Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Seller Pro Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know many here use this script so maybe someone could help me here.... I emailed RJ a couple days ago but haven't got a response yet & am wanting to get this sorted out asap.

I noticed one of it's features was that it could redirect people to the specified selling page for a domain if you redirect traffic to your domain site...

I was wondering how this worked exactly?

Cheers!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1)You have to add the domains as aliases (cnames) of the root domain name at your host. ex: If you are using shadowdomains.com, add each name as an alias of shadowdomains.com from your hosting control panel.

2)Make sure nameservers are set also, same as your root domain.

3)Make sure parking is enabled in the DSP configuration

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It works great!

Specifically, I believe the script look for the domain name in the root url and then if found directs it to a domain sale page of the same name if one is listed. You just park your name on the main domain of your site. In may case

I have almost all my for sale names parked on adoptabledomains.com. entering any of these for sale names will go directly to the for sale page and also show the name in the browser address window. You can click the ones below to see this work.

www.video.us
www.fraudproof.com
www.salesperson.org

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey cyphix,

Basically you'll need to "park" the domain on top of your main domain name. It's going to depend on your web hosting provider on how to do this. A lot of providers allow you to do this through your webhosting control panel.

If domain parking is not available to your, or your hosting provider charges a fee for this, another option would be to use domain forwarding. You can forward each domain for sale to its own address in this format
http://www.yoursite.com?domainforsale.com

I'll be back in the office tomorrow manning the helpdesk. Drop me a line at http://www.prophp.com/contact.php if you need further help.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.... I'm not sure eaxcatly what you mean by park the name on top of my domain selling domain tho..

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is a Parked Domain?

A parked domain name is an additional domain name pointing to the same place as the main domain name for your account. A parked domain name can be used for accessing your web site and e-mail forwarding.

You can register additional domain names and have them all point to your web site. For example, you could have yourcompany.com, your-product.com and yourcompany.net all pointing to the same web site.

Check with your web host to find out how to park domains on your account.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
parking a domain basically means that your webserver know that when it gets a request for the 'parked' domain that it should forward the visitor to the main site instead. same for any email the domain might recieve.

what control panel do you use for your hosting? ensim/cpanel/plesk are the main 3 really. once i know that i might be able to find you a tutorial on how to park a domain.

Ciq

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
parking a domain basically means that your webserver know that when it gets a request for the 'parked' domain that it should forward the visitor to the main site instead.

Except that a forwarded domain usually sends from the domain entered to a main domain which shows in the browser address bar.

A Parked domain is actually a CNAME (Cannonical Name) DNS entry for a domain (or really just an alias) and normally even remains in the address bar instead of the main domain.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adoptabledomains

Except that a forwarded domain usually sends from the domain entered to a main domain which shows in the browser address bar.

A Parked domain is actually a CNAME (Cannonical Name) DNS entry for a domain (or really just an alias) and normally even remains in the address bar instead of the main domain.

Smarty-pants :razz: :laugh:

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom