Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Continue from the previuos thread.

Keyworddomains, how do you now about the traffic?

What is the quickest way to get the domain back? It's a big issue right now.

More info, the domain was registered with Register.com. The company called Register and they said "nothing they can do". They called godaddy where the domain was fraudulently transfered to, they said they can't do anything without court order.

Need advice to get the domain back and track the theif down. thank you.

DNForum-News

Level 5
Reaction score
Hi,

This is not a problem, and thread will not be closed, discussing stolen domains helps everyone, however, if you have any Sedo related issues, please deal with Sedo directly regarding this issue!

Regards,

.biz said:
Continue from the previuos thread.

Keyworddomains, how do you now about the traffic?

What is the quickest way to get the domain back? It's a big issue right now.

More info, the domain was registered with Register.com. The company called Register and they said "nothing they can do". They called godaddy where the domain was fraudulently transfered to, they said they can't do anything without court order.

Need advice to get the domain back and track the theif down. thank you.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand, that's why this thread removed Sedo and didn't put the link to the previous thread.. thanks.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did it expire? Do you have proof through a whois record from June 18, 2004 that shows the domain name was not mistakenly expiring? I have heard of former owners accusing drop catchers of "stealing" the name.

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
whois registration date in 2001, expired in 2006.
That's not what I asked, activating PM module...

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com confirmed it was transfered out. He doesn't have IP of the person who transfer domain out. Probably GoDaddy has it.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could Register.com be held responsibility for the fraud? Remember sex.com case that the court asked to hold Network Solutions responsible for mismanaging the dispute.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stop trying to find people to sue and get the name back...

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
stop trying to find people to sue and get the name back...

If you don't go after them, how would they be more helpful? If you don't go after afternic like Indiana.com's case, will Afternic take care of the issue?

Or are you saying that I should just get the name back and let the theif continue stealing other people's domain for a living?

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
If you don't go after them, how would they be more helpful? If you don't go after afternic like Indiana.com's case, will Afternic take care of the issue?
Or are you saying that I should just get the name back and let the theif continue stealing other people's domain for a living?
We have communicated via PM, and it seems you are making some progress.

Along the lines of GTs post, your newspaper client might be better served if you shuffled your prioirites to :
1. Get the domain name back.
2. Catch the thief for this crime
3. Stop this thief for all time.
4. Find the guilty parties who allowed the transfer and get restitution for the "$10,000/day loss".
5. Find any PPC vendor who might have made a nickel for a few days and get that money back.

You started the last thread at number five when you went after the PPC vendor, which IMHO is the least of priorities and the last place I'd start. You're asking for assistance and guidance, that is what we offer, suggestions.

Not legal advice, suggestions on actions to take.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks boca and all. I appreciated your comment. The register.com is investigating in this matter right now.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to a contact at GoDaddy regarding the name, so hopefully they can help expedite matters.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought you said this domain belonged to a BIG newspaper company in Asia? I wonder where their attorneys and technology people are? Aren't THEY supposed to be PAID to do this instead of you? Or are you and your partner representing them (as they are your client)? Just curious.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain selling is not a business in that country. Believe it or not, they don't know about domain reselling or domain stealing matter. Their techicians have absolutely no idea what to do. My friend works for the company as a news reporter in the U.S. who also doesn't familiar with this matter. So, we're now representing them to get back the domain.

GeorgeK, do you have a good contact with GoDaddy?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz: your PM box is full. Email me directly at:

George (at) L O F F S (dot) com

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
george, email sent. pm box cleared.

i'm leaving for a meeting in 10 mins. and will be back at night.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK, while you are at it, see if you can compare notes on similar Thai adventures.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for helping and advice. The company filed the case with local police and FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom