Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

locos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz -- You need an attorney on this. Waiting for the local police and the FBI is a sure case for turning this into a "Cold Case File". If I were you, I'd be on the horn to jberryhill faster than you can say "I'm going to rip this domain from your cold dead hands you theiving bastards"

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The thief told me how to hack into Register.com. He said he hacked into Sedo too. I'll forward his email to Register.com, but I'm not sure if they're interested to fix it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it simply amazing how some domainers never file suit or criminal complaints over domain theft or buying a stolen domain.

If I lost money due to that I would be filing a pro-se law suit the next day against all parties involved at Federal Court (it does not cost much money at all to do so and the paperwork is relatively easy). Plus file formal criminal theft or fraud complaints with both local and national authorities immidiately with no hesitation at all.

Why does it seem so many here are hesitant or worse yet never take any action, i.e. indiana.com and others?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It it was my domain, I will take all parties involved to responsible for it too. As quoted below, the domain is own by the company so there is a process to follow. For big corporation, they don't want to do anything to hurt their name or to be attacked by competitors especially they're in newspaper business. They try to keep it quiet. Anyway, they filed the report with local authority and informed FBI already.

.biz said:
Domain selling is not a business in that country. Believe it or not, they don't know about domain reselling or domain stealing matter. Their techicians have absolutely no idea what to do. My friend works for the company as a news reporter in the U.S. who also doesn't familiar with this matter. So, we're now representing them to get back the domain.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
It it was my domain, I will take all parties involved to responsible for it too. As quoted below, the domain is own by the company so there is a process to follow. For big corporation, they don't want to do anything to hurt their name or to be attacked by competitors especially they're in newspaper business. They try to keep it quiet. Anyway, they filed the report with local authority and informed FBI already.

It appears indiana.com is a good example of that. Seemingly the thief got away free with stealing $50,000 with nothing done against him. After making all that easy money I am sure he is out there stealing other domains right now.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"If I lost money due to that I would be filing a pro-se law suit the next day against all parties involved at Federal Court (it does not cost much money at all to do so and the paperwork is relatively easy)."

Against whom? The registrars, afternic, and escrow.com are protected by no-recourse terms of service, and the theif is a fake name in a third world country. Who are you going to recover from? Forget that, whom are you going to serve the complaint on? Go look at the whois for client.com and let me know.

"Plus file formal criminal theft or fraud complaints with both local and national authorities immidiately with no hesitation at all."

You like stolen passwords, paypal accounts, and credit card numbers? Then go get them at www.unixstaff.com. FBI and hosting company notified days ago. Data still there.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
John maybe you should remove that link, IMO.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The phrase "This domain is for sale!" was removed out of Sedo for this domain for about a week and now it's relisted. Good job, sedo.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that hacker site is amazingly sad....I cant believe you complained days ago and nothing is done....!!!! OUTRAGE!

Its not even hidden the info.

WTF

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank to all for you attention and advice, especially GeorgeK and locos who offered to help. The domain has been returned to the owner. The hacker was frightened because he left too many evidence so he returned the domain.

I

impactadmin

Hello,

Im sorry to hear that your domain was stolen.

"It was every webmaster’s worst nightmare - waking up one day to find that your site had disappeared and someone else owned it. Then the phonecall in which you were told that it was nothing to do with the registrar and you had to try to sort it out yourself."

The only way to combat this sort of thing in this industry is increased security.
Until a way by which fradulent registrants can be held to account, the problem will continue. In the meantime, however, do you know what level of protection you and your companies’ domain names have? If you don’t, you can be certain it’s not enough.

Continue to push the registrar that registered the transaction and also get in touch with a domain lawyer who can legally put pressue on the case.

Interesting article to read:

http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=displaynews&newsid=672

Update to message:

Glad to hear the domain was returned.

Huseyin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom