Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domain summer slowdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticed that there seems to be less posts overall in the forum lately? My theory is that people are taking advantage of the end of summer, and that things will pick up again come September. Does anyone else think the domain business will heat up this fall/winter as everyone gets back to work and their computers?

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Year round work for me. Yes, I have noticed a slowdown for the summer; however, the past several months I have noticed a slow down at DNF. Maybe members are getting fed up with the support :confused:

Anyway looking forward to things picking up here in a month or so.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If PPC has been ok this summer, it should be even better come fall and winter. People back at home or work surfing the net, kids back in college surfing the net, etc. But I have read that a lot of people going on vacation now are still able to get online, even at their cottages if it's dial up. That trend will probably continue until being able to get online almost anywhere will be the norm.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also find people tend to surf less in the summer. With domaining I think people try to make a bit of extra cash before & in the beginning of summer & then relax a bit at the end...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i sold like 35 domains this week. So i see no slow down.

Wow, were they all in a related category/topic, or was it a wide range of subjects? Just curious if domains in some areas are selling better than others (what's hot right now for sales?)

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hunting season - Summer, fee= $29.99
Domain season - spring/winter, fee: as much as you want to spend. :lol:

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sell most of my names on here and Sedo and I always see a dramatic decrease in sales or even offers during the summer time but just the same, it picks up after labor day.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Year round work for me. Yes, I have noticed a slowdown for the summer; however, the past several months I have noticed a slow down at DNF. Maybe members are getting fed up with the support :confused:

Anyway looking forward to things picking up here in a month or so.

Support of what?

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is certainly a slowdown in the DNFOrum--maybe we need those Mods asap. But the domain industry is certainly kicking hard for me whether on holiday or not.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of the Brokers I've spoke with are saying that the past two months have been GREATLY lower in action. Seems to me a slowing of the market is taking place.

GoPC

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think that was impact from goverment against gambling site? :sleep:

Most of the Brokers I've spoke with are saying that the past two months have been GREATLY lower in action. Seems to me a slowing of the market is taking place.

GoPC

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There has been a lot of portfolio consolidation in the last year, so maybe that could explain part of the sales slowdown - less sellers of quality names. Kind of makes sense that as the best gets bought up the big sales become more sporadic, like only when the buyer is willing to pay more than the owner could ever hope to make themselves with the name.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, do you think that the domain sales is going to go up soon?

There has been a lot of portfolio consolidation in the last year, so maybe that could explain part of the sales slowdown - less sellers of quality names. Kind of makes sense that as the best gets bought up the big sales become more sporadic, like only when the buyer is willing to pay more than the owner could ever hope to make themselves with the name.

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think the domain business overall has slowed down this summer very much but in the last month i have noticed a major decrease in activity on this forum.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have experienced that some members have criticized other members in their posts. I guess for exclusive members it might be okay since they are more experienced but for newbies (gold members), when they read a thread like that, they don't want to write. THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO. When I once wrote in the "Humor" section, someone told me that my jokes were lame and that I should write only twice a week... http://www.dnforum.com/thread171075.html

I just thought that for members who are new to this place, we should help them and be thoughtful instead of criticizing them.

There was a thread that got deleted but I had it saved and I won't say the member's name but it is as below... who would want to write after reading this? Even I get scary when I write but since this forum is getting kind of slow, I still come here to get new info and share my info, and the admin is good too... This is just my opinion.
:spy:

There are currently two Gold members here on DNforum that I have noticed because they post so much. Almost all of their posts are short, unnecessary comments that they seem to make just to earn F$.

I have decided to not buy anything from or sell anything to these two members because I think they are wasting people's time with their unnecessary posts

I dont think the domain business overall has slowed down this summer very much but in the last month i have noticed a major decrease in activity on this forum.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm around; still reading but spending less time posting. In my case it's mostly because I have several hot development items that I'm trying to wrap. Plus my comparables site is now a standard in the business (but still getting better). I hope to have more time in a month or so.

Cheers,
BidNo

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The summer is always slower in this market for reselling and for PPC income, this is no secret.

It will pick up in September, it does every year.

The other thing to remember is if you are posting crap domains, it will always be slow. ;)

-=DCG=-

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think everything right now, excluding clothing sales are slow, what with kids going back to school, parents are busy trying to coordinate schedules, etc. I work in tourism business a believe me, things have slowed to a crawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom