Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domain Transfer-Out Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today, I tried to initiate the transfer-out of a domain name I sold to the buyer's registrar. However, it's impossible for me to unlock the domain or request the EPP code for it.

I've already clicked on "Transfer-Out" and the order was created, but when I receive the confirmation email it says:

"DOMAINNAME.COM: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock."

But in my account, when trying to unlock the domain, it also says:

"The Registrar Lock CAN ONLY be unlocked by the system when you are transferring your domain away from Moniker or pushing your domain from one Moniker account to another."

So, let me summarize: I cannot unlock the domain until it's being transferred out, but I cannot transfer it out because it's still locked, either? Looks like a vicious circle to me.

Anybody else having the same problem, or maybe somebody has found a solution? (I've already contacted Moniker's customer support, but who knows how long it'll take for them to get back to me on a Saturday.)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Thaitime

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Re Moniker..I am having a heck of a time with them....all the e.mail addresses I have are bouncing including one I found here to [email protected] others I have tried are sales@, info@ support@ etc all bounced.

Also waiting for an answer from support tickets submitted over two weeks ago.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today, I tried to initiate the transfer-out of a domain name I sold to the buyer's registrar. However, it's impossible for me to unlock the domain or request the EPP code for it.

I've already clicked on "Transfer-Out" and the order was created, but when I receive the confirmation email it says:

"DOMAINNAME.COM: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock."

But in my account, when trying to unlock the domain, it also says:

"The Registrar Lock CAN ONLY be unlocked by the system when you are transferring your domain away from Moniker or pushing your domain from one Moniker account to another."

So, let me summarize: I cannot unlock the domain until it's being transferred out, but I cannot transfer it out because it's still locked, either? Looks like a vicious circle to me.

Anybody else having the same problem, or maybe somebody has found a solution? (I've already contacted Moniker's customer support, but who knows how long it'll take for them to get back to me on a Saturday.)

Thanks.

Hey There dodo1

Moniker does not nor ever has blocked any client from transferring names out/away from Moniker. Once you log into your account and select the domain you wish to transfer out, you click the blue transfer out button. Once you agree, the EPP code is immediately sent to the email address on file. If you'd like me to check it out/follow up for you, please email me (see sig for details) and I'll have a look.

Re Moniker..I am having a heck of a time with them....all the e.mail addresses I have are bouncing including one I found here to [email protected] others I have tried are sales@, info@ support@ etc all bounced.

Also waiting for an answer from support tickets submitted over two weeks ago.

Hey Thaitime - I'm get emails like crazy all day/everyday! I can't believe your email to me would bounce.

Either try emailing me again or PM me with your issue and I'll take a look at it.

Thaitime

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Thaitime - I'm get emails like crazy all day/everyday! I can't believe your email to me would bounce

This is what it says:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host smtp.domainsystems.com [208.73.208.95]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [75.125.134.34] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=75.125.134.34

I have also sent you a PM.

Thanks

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what it says:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host smtp.domainsystems.com [208.73.208.95]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [75.125.134.34] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org; http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=75.125.134.34

I have also sent you a PM.

Thanks

I just received your PM. I will reply shortly.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not saying Moniker is intentionally blocking my transfer-out, just saying that there must be a bug in the system, because I've done exactly what you wrote here and it doesn't work.

It will really be great if you can look into this for me. I'll send you an email shortly. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

@Thaitime: It would be nice if you started your own threads instead of posting in other people's threads about different problems. :)

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm not saying Moniker is intentionally blocking my transfer-out, just saying that there must be a bug in the system, because I've done exactly what you wrote here and it doesn't work.

It will really be great if you can look into this for me. I'll send you an email shortly. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

@Thaitime: It would be nice if you started your own threads instead of posting in other people's threads about different problems. :)

Understood - I'll have it looked into.

Thaitime

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You asked...

I post an issue not exactly the same but similiar....

Then you get all flamed on me....whatever, I hope you get it sorted.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
host smtp.domainsystems.com [208.73.208.95]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [75.125.134.34] blocked using b.barracudacentral.org;
Looks like your IP is blacklisted somewhere, so the mailserver at Moniker is refusing connections.

hqdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ugh.. this is frustrating. I'm getting the same thing when I try to push a domain to another person's Moniker account.

when I check the domain and select "Security: Lock/Unlock" , i get:

Registrar Lock: For your protection, Moniker defaults the Registrar Lock "On" for all of your domains. The Registrar Lock CAN ONLY be unlocked by the system when you are transferring your domain away from Moniker or pushing your domain from one Moniker account to another. To transfer or push your domain, go to the Domain Manager from the "My Domains" tab and click on "Transfer-Out" or "Push"

... when I check the domain and select "Push" ,as instructed, I get the error:
This domain can not be pushed due to domain security lock.

Has anyone figured this out, or do I just need to call their support?

~Ricc

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been transferring a lot of domains out of Moniker with no issues.

I select the domain and click "Transfer domains out". I get an email with the auth codes and then I initiate the transfer from the receiving registrar.

hqdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep. Well I'm having the exact same symptoms posted in this thread, except that I'm trying to push the domain to another moniker account instead of transferring out to another registrar. It's a catch-22 situation. I go to unlock the domain, and it says the system will unlock when I transfer or push the domain. I go to push the domain, and it tells me I cannot because it is locked.

Note: I tried the option to "Transfer Domains Out", (simply to unlock the domain) and then instead, push the domain once unlocked - but that did not work.

I went ahead and opened a support request with Moniker for this.

FYI - This looks like a common problem as it is posted on the frequently asked questions when I went to open a ticket under Moniker's support portal - however their support portal is also flaky and when I click on the FAQ link, it goes nowhere.

SIGH

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HQDN, could it be that you first went to unlock the domain for a simple push when that wasn't necessary and that screwed up the status of the domain with Moniker (they think you want a transfer out of Moniker and it says "locked" but not in the sense you think) Although this should not be a problem under normal circumstances at any other registrar (a push should go through whether it's locked or unlocked), with Moniker unlocking a domain means to the systems you're transferring the domain out and the EPP gets emailed to you, so in case you first went to unlock the domain you actually "told" Moniker you wanted a transfer out of there and now the domain is "locked" but not in the sense we think, it's "locked" as in when its status cannot be changed because of an impending change, ie the systems think you want a transfer out and it's therefore ineligible for an internal push or any other update since it still reads you're transferring the name out, and by now the auth code should've been emailed to you which you don't need of course

Just go to your CP and check the lock/unlock option on the left side after selecting the domain in question. Then lock the domain again on the next screen, it'll tell you explicitly any transfers out of Moniker will be cancelled, and then after the domain is locked again simply push it to the other account (choose that on the left menu as well) I hope this helps

Last edited:

hqdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually I was having the issue first when trying to push the domain. After that failed 3 times, then I tried to transfer out for the heck of it, which did nothing and did not send me an auth-code either. When I try to re-lock the domain as you suggest, it shows it already locked. If I go ahead and click save anyway, it tells me, "None of the lock status values changed. Please try again or click Cancel to go back to Domain Manager."

phoxero

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I encounter the same problem. I want to transfer a domain out , getting the Epp Auth is failed (Domains have existed for 60 days or longer), moniker's email says "This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock." So I try to push the domain to another moniker account, it is still failed. What's the matter?

phoxero

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My problem have been resolved. Thanks for Marti Johnson's help.
If you are encountering the same trouble as hqdn says, Please contact the moniker's customer service who can help you.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I was having the issue first when trying to push the domain. After that failed 3 times, then I tried to transfer out for the heck of it, which did nothing and did not send me an auth-code either. When I try to re-lock the domain as you suggest, it shows it already locked. If I go ahead and click save anyway, it tells me, "None of the lock status values changed. Please try again or click Cancel to go back to Domain Manager."

*actually on a totally different issue ...this amount of failed attempts imo should auto lock any domain with any registrar...anytime there is this much action on an account/domain you'd think the system would flag this and lock down the domain until figure out wtf is up...lol that being said I have pushed many domains with moniker in past it was fast and easy ...but I have since moved most my domains out of there and haven't used them much lately...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom