Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domainer Mardi Gras

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see (from the banner) Intercosmos is hosting Domainer Mardi Gras the weekend before Mardi Gras (Feb 19-21) in New Orleans. I absolutely LOVE the idea of having a domainer meeting by the French Quarter as there hasn't been a show there since Internext in 2000.

But...is this really the ideal weekend for it? I mean, if you don't have your hotel reservations 3-4 months in advance, and at $209 per night already, it would seem many might not be able to get a room if they wait until even December. It has been my experience that many folks come the Friday or Saturday before Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday is the end for them rather than the beginning.

Here in Louisiana, the schools are usually closed. And the state super is talking about cancelling the usual Monday/Tuesday off to make up for the week lost to Gustav and Ike.

Perhaps next Labor Day weekend -- when Decadence is in town. :smilewinkgrin:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definitely sounds a great venue. something a little different. i have always wanted to go to new orleans and after watching angelheart back in the 80's made it a plan. can't afford it this time :undecided:

amazing film btw, i must get hold of a copy on ebay, haven't seen it in almost 20 years :eek:
omg i'm getting old, even if i do still look 22 :cool:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Years ago I was in New Orleans for a week (staring two weeks before Mardi Gras). It was dead even when we left (we were staying two streets over from Burbon St). I don't think it will be that busy.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I expect it will be very busy this year unless the economy holds people back.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll be there, hope to meet up for a few drinks. The bourbon balcony parties should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom