Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domainers get together in Los Angeles Area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We are excited to announce a get together for domainers from around the Los Angeles area.

DomainSponsor and few others are sponsoring the event, yet this is a domainers' event, therefore the schedule and activities are still on pending status. We are still getting feedback and always welcome more feedback from the domainers about the topics of the discussions and the schedule, along with some fun activity

The event is focused on networking with others, within the domain industry. Organized by few domainers, along with the help of the sponsors, we are looking forward to making this a "remembered" gathering along with discussions focused on the domain industry.

Space is limited due to the venue. Please RSVP at www.DomainFestLA.com

There are no event fees or registration costs. Most of the meals etc. are paid by the sponsors.

Dates are from Wednesday, September 20, 2006 until Friday, September 22, 2006.

Event will be held at Marriott in Marina del Rey, CA.
http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/LAXMB

I will update the thread as we go along!

Thank you, and dont forget to RSVP today!

Domain Days 2024

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have driven up to attend, but I'll be out of town.

I'll see you all at Pubcon Las Vegas in November!

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another domain conference? I guess I need to build my DNConference.com to tract these events.

I'm going to Traffic in Florida this October ... see you there.

Regards,
em

dmblea

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be there for Wednesday and Thursday's activities. Looking forward to it.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be there for Wednesday and Thursday's activities. Looking forward to it.

Great! Have you received confirmation of your RSVP?

If anyone who wishes to attend and you haven't received the invitation (confirmation of RSVP) please let me know!

thanks

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its about time DS spend this money to improve their ever degrading parking system instead of wasting resources like this.

or may be give more to domainers.

May be that will help us domainers that are with DS for years to cut some losses because of recent bad trends in revenue.

Just my 2 cents as DS keeps ignoring the plight of its loyal 'current' clients while spending more and more on advertising itself to gain more clients.

Otherwise, your loyal clients will move out feeling the pinch.....just my humble opinion.....been with DS for many years.

Thanks.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its about time DS spend this money to improve their ever degrading parking system instead of wasting resources like this.

or may be give more to domainers.

May be that will help us domainers that are with DS for years to cut some losses because of recent bad trends in revenue.

Just my 2 cents as DS keeps ignoring the plight of its loyal 'current' clients while spending more and more on advertising itself to gain more clients.

Otherwise, your loyal clients will move out feeling the pinch.....just my humble opinion.....been with DS for many years.

Thanks.

While I agree with your statement, partially, how can you say DS is wasting money? I am a DS client, and another handful of attendees are also DS clients. So really the way we look it, this is just another opportunity for the domainers' to bridge the gap and bring their concerns to the right personal at DS during the event.

Also, just because DS is sponsoring an event of domainers', you are really bad mouthing them Rick; They deserve a lot better! They are providing their resources, time and effort for something domainers' want to do; something domainers' have always wanted to do but couldn't do it on their own!

It would be nice if you could attend and see for yourself!

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I agree with your statement, partially, how can you say DS is wasting money? I am a DS client, and another handful of attendees are also DS clients. So really the way we look it, this is just another opportunity for the domainers' to bridge the gap and bring their concerns to the right personal at DS during the event.

Also, just because DS is sponsoring an event of domainers', you are really bad mouthing them Rick; They deserve a lot better! They are providing their resources, time and effort for something domainers' want to do; something domainers' have always wanted to do but couldn't do it on their own!

It would be nice if you could attend and see for yourself!

I agree with you partially also. I am with DS for so long proves that I am not against DS. I care and hence post constructive criticism. I didn't mean anything otherwise.

I do however feel that DS personnel at this and other forum nowadays ignore questions which if answered will calm the nerves of many domainers.

Btw, please raise the issues at DS event and update us.

Thanks a lot.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you partially also. I am with DS for so long proves that I am not against DS. I care and hence post constructive criticism. I didn't mean anything otherwise.

I do however feel that DS personnel at this and other forum nowadays ignore questions which if answered will calm the nerves of many domainers.

Btw, please raise the issues at DS event and update us.

Thanks a lot.

I sure will raise the issue! The way I look at this event, is something like this:

An opportunity for people like me who are with domainsponsor, is to bridge the gap of communication through events such as these. I will definately come back with feedback, and positive feedback that is ;)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the activity schedule is? I think we all need to know what to expect.......Thanks

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainFest LA 2006 Agenda

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

11:00 AM – 5:30 PM Event Check-In (TBD) 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Cocktail Reception, Sponsored by Revenue.net and Afilias (Harbor House Restaurant)

8:00 PM – 11:00 PM Dinner, Sponsored by name.com (Harbor House Restaurant)

Thursday, September 21, 2006

8:30 AM – 9:30 AM Registration Pick up your name badge and drop off your business card (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

9:30 AM – 10:00 AM Welcome Address – Ron Sheridan, DomainSponsor (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Speaking Session
“ICANN on IDN TLDs” – Tina Dam, ICANN (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Speaking Session
“Financial Planning & Tax Management” – Selwyn Gerber CPA (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch Buffet, Sponsored by dotMobi (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Organized Networking Mixer (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Speaking Session
“Legal Talk on Domain Names” – John Berryhill (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Speaking Session
“Are you ready for .mobi?” – Pinky Brand, dotMobi (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Speaking Session
“Domain Aftermarket Trends” – Roger Collins, Afternic (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Speaking Session
“Portfolio Acquisition Evaluation” – Steve Hisey, Oversee.net (Pacific Ballroom, lobby level)

6:00 PM – 7:00 PM Break

7:00 PM – 12:00 AM Cocktail & Dinner Reception, Sponsored by DomainSponsor (Bayview, top floor)
Friday, September 22, 2006

8:30 AM – 9:30 AM Social Introductions/Gathering (Bayview, top floor)

9:30 AM – 10:30 AM Speaking Session
“Deep Domain Industry Insight”
- John Berryhill, John Berryhill, Esq.
- Bret Fausett, Lextext.com
- Jothan Frakes, DomainSponsor (Bayview, top floor)

10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Brunch Buffet, sponsored by AFTERnic (Bayview, top floor)

12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Speaking Session
“Making Money on POP Ads” – Revenue.net (Bayview, top floor)

1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Registration Gift Drawing and Closing Remarks – DomainSponsor (Bayview, top floor)

3:00 PM – 7:00 PM Special Entertainment Event,
sponsored by DomainSponsor, dotMobi, Afternic, name.com, and Afilias Harbor cruise around Marina del Rey with appetizers and drinks
(FantaSea Yacht Club)

Thats the schedule as of right now.

GypsyBee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
adill420, it looks like they're still up in the air as to where we'll be checking in for the event on Wednesday? I'll be commuting each day from Studio City with a hired driver. When do we find out? I look forward to your feedback and meeting you there as well.

Raider, nice to see another female attending. I look forward to meeting you as well.

Barbara

dmblea

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the Harbor House Restaurant within walking distance to the Marriott for Wednesday' cocktails and dinner?

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider Girl: Your RSVP is confirmed!

GypsyBee: You can checkin at the front desk for the event. There will be an informal gathering before the official one on wednesday around the pool area. You can get all that information from the front desk. Just let them know you are there for the DomainFest event. I should be there too :)

dmblea: Yes, the restuarant is within walking distance. Myself and few others I know will be walking too :)

Please let me know if there are any other questions.

This should be a great event; although I really consider this as a "Get Together"; aka "meet";

Within our domainers' community, networking is the key to a bright and successful future :)

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can see the bust coming already on TV... Bad boys, Bad boys, which ya gonna do when the UDRP is up for you.... TM Domain sniffing bots.... Quick, hide those 200 domains underneath the sofa!

Just kidding. :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom