Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domainers guide to scamming morons, and how to avoid becoming a victim yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Here are some things you need to religiously follow, not:

1. Give them half truths : Tell people .COM is good for "type-ins", without telling them the other half of the story. Never, ever, define what "type-ins" really mean. Just say Google.com, for example, has millions of type-ins a day.

2. Magnify with a tainted glass lens : Always remind people that Business.com sold for $7m, but never, ever, say it was just worthless stocks they were referring to. If they are still unconvinced, tell them Men.com recently sold for $1.3m and show them the news articles. However, don't show them this example if your buyer is a prude or has strong religious inclinations.

3. Oversimply the situation (morons love it) : Show them evidence that eBay.com and Google.com are very profitable companies using a .COM, and they can too. Never, ever, bring up the fact that the Internet is a cut-throat environment and that its going to take much much more than just a .COM and wishful thinking. Always wish your buyer Good Luck (you are going to need it)!

- copyright 2004, partially reproduced from mole's dirty tricks archive

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole is a .com hater :)

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about selling i-men.com and saying "hey, men.com sold for a million and this one is very similar" Or even worse, saying that when you are selling i-men.ws

Or selling a forum and saying "oh, I earn $100 everyday and I get over 1,000 visitors, but sorry, I can't give you any proof of that, all I can say is that my huge traffic comes from a tiny link hidden at another site"

Selling buy-new-house.com and saying that "buy a new house" has been searched for 20 million times at Google, as if that would make any difference.

Selling all kind of weird domains related to future events (hillaryforpresident08.com, iwillvoteforarnoldin2008.com)

M

mole

fryman04 said:
"all I can say is that my huge traffic comes from a tiny link hidden at another site"

Never, ever, say that.

That is a great suggestion, though. I'll add that to my book of dirty tricks, thanks!

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4. Tell them how many times the Overture suggestion tool says the name with extension has been searched, but don't tell them what that tool is really counting.

bellweather

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Never, ever, say that.

That is a great suggestion, though. I'll add that to my book of dirty tricks, thanks!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom