Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Domaining, A Risky Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
plato1 said:
Good bedtime reading this stuff
www.disney.com

plato1 said:
Just to add that you can have addresses like [email protected]ies (if you get a domain like www.chocolatechip.cookies) although there are some limitations to using this email system , it is not dependent on the browser plugin.
How could that system compete with real email (include technical detail)? No-one wants cripple-mail..

plato1 said:
PS re the points about duplication...or too many choices etc etc...taking this from a real-world standpoint, what if there could only be one Main Street in the world. The fact that there are Main Streets in Every Country....every city ....evey town ....does not worry people. Are we really going to be panicked and confused.....but you said Main Street....WHICH Main Street. Now life will never be the same

This is perhaps not the best comparison and may lead to some "XXZZ???!!" responses....but you get my drift....
The point of the Internet is that it's global and there is only one; In my analogy "Main Street" is the Internet. The cafe is the domain. Got it now?

I'm curious now - you've made 23 posts on DNForum and they only relate to alternate extensions. What's the deal?

Domain Days 2024

plato1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
re Post above:

Well you present your arguments in one way, I prefer another

1) www.disney.com ...strange comment?

2) ....Rather you should say (and for the first time I took a quick look) that I have made 24 comments on I think 7 subjects, ie 3 on alternative names and 4 on other subjects

3) Yes I get you. I just have a different opinion. In the world of the Internet, I don't mind moving from one street to another. In the real world, I don't even mind visiting different countries.

4) I like this subject, I have my preferences but I am willing to be educated either way.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
plato1 said:
www.disney.com ...strange comment?
I'll spell it out for you: if you want entertainment, go to disney.com. This thread is a serious discussion, not something to entertain you.

plato1 said:
....Rather you should say (and for the first time I took a quick look) that I have made 24 comments on I think 7 subjects, ie 3 on alternative names and 4 on other subjects
http://www.dnforum.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=75146

plato1 said:
3) Yes I get you. I just have a different opinion. In the world of the Internet, I don't mind moving from one street to another. In the real world, I don't even mind visiting different countries.

4) I like this subject, I have my preferences but I am willing to be educated either way.
But do you really believe that you comprehend the implications of multiple alternate roots?

and you didn't answer my question about email.

plato1

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
re above

1) Strange comment (again), Difficult to understand your comparison of Disney vs Reading vs Time of day of Reading. Presumably lunchtime reading more acceptable

2) As I said before and you have now demonstrated, "Rather you should say (and for the first time I took a quick look) that I have made 24 (now 25) comments on I think 7 subjects, ie 3 on alternative names and 4 on other subjects". Of course, this includes responses to you

3) I believe so, but again, I am willing to learn more. I prefer not to cling to a single opinion regardless.

4) The email is perfectly satisfactory for my needs

5) Progess :censored:

6) New ideas :censored:

7) Bedtime reading :censored:

8) In the interests of a quiet life you can win this argument

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
plato1 said:
re above

1) Strange comment (again), Difficult to understand your comparison of Disney vs Reading vs Time of day of Reading. Presumably lunchtime reading more acceptable
Try that in English. I managed to string together a reasonable discussion about the DNS system, whereas you don't seem to be able to string together a comprehensible sentence.
plato1 said:
2) As I said before and you have now demonstrated, "Rather you should say (and for the first time I took a quick look) that I have made 24 (now 25) comments on I think 7 subjects, ie 3 on alternative names and 4 on other subjects". Of course, this includes responses to you
..and they're all about the same subject...
plato1 said:
3) I believe so, but again, I am willing to learn more. I prefer not to cling to a single opinion regardless.

4) The email is perfectly satisfactory for my needs
Obviously your needs are fairly limited. So this email is pretty hot stuff eh? Let's back it up with some technical fact.. I'm willing to be educated too, but right now you're sucking in the "educate Beachie" department.
plato1 said:
5) Progess :censored:

6) New ideas :censored:

7) Bedtime reading :censored:

8) In the interests of a quiet life you can win this argument
Anyway... :greenrolleyes:

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very good post Beachie. Thanks.

You've filled in some gaps for me.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beachie,

Thank you for the education. I learned A LOT from your posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom