Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

domains was stolen in Godaddy! Don't buy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But are those domains that you bought on the list posted by ChineseDomain?

If they are, and you bought names from domain- via Paypal...

if they do actually belong to ChineseDomain then it is domain- that owes you money, NOT paypal

I can not stress enough or state it enough...

PayPal will not investigate and PayPal will not refund money on domains because it is non-tangible property.

No the names we purchased were NOT on above list. Also we paid BEFORE CineseDomains posted the list above. And paypal COULD DO NOTHING but still charges commission?

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Did you purchase via this forum? Or ..somewhere else? Did he give you the same details i posted on here for payment info?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No the names we purchased were NOT on above list. Also we paid BEFORE CineseDomains posted the list above. And paypal COULD DO NOTHING but still charges commission?
Then where they stolen or did you just file a complaint?

Did you get the domain names?

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy account may be hacked!!! Working with godaddy now.

Are the scammers hacking the GD account or hyjacked the names? If they are hacking the GD accounts and sell the names and push names from the hacked account, why the buyer has to suffer? It's GD's security fault?

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Then where they stolen or did you just file a complaint?

Did you get the domain names?

We got the names pushed from another GD account and now they disappeared. GD 'advised' us to file UDRP complaint which does not make sense and is very irresponsible advice. We are waiting for GD's response.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In this case, i believe they are hijacking the godaddy accounts and then pushing to their own accounts and selling.

Either way, theft is theft. The buyer has to go after the scammer - how can you blame the owner?

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In this case, i believe they are hijacking the godaddy accounts and then pushing to their own accounts and selling.

Either way, theft is theft. The buyer has to go after the scammer - how can you blame the owner?

We are not blaming the owner but the registrars, they should have noticed this and if they file, they should be responsible in some senses.

We trust the owners are real, but in other cases, will it be too easy to scam money?? Say Owner A transfers INTENTIONALLY the name to Scammer B who sells the name to Buyer and get paid, then Owner A files complaint and get back money. This is easy money?? (We are not saying this is our case)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Precisely.

And there seems to be one thread after another involving hacked GoDaddy accounts. But, I have to believe that GD is not slack but somehow the thief is getting email addresses and passwords.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Precisely.

And there seems to be one thread after another involving hacked GoDaddy accounts. But, I have to believe that GD is not slack but somehow the thief is getting email addresses and passwords.

So when GD moves back names from genuine buyer to owner without first communicating with the buyer, it is facilitating scamming activites to continue and asking people to leave GD.

Again, can the following scenario happen?

Owner A transfers INTENTIONALLY the name to Scammer B who sells the name to Buyer C and Scammer B gets paid, then Owner A files complaint that it is fraud or his names/account hyjacked and get back domain name. This is easy money??!! What role GD is playing as domain names custodian and watchdog?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So when GD moves back names from genuine buyer to owner without first communicating with the buyer, it is facilitating scamming activites to continue and asking people to leave GD.

Again, can the following scenario happen?

Owner A transfers INTENTIONALLY the name to Scammer B who sells the name to Buyer C and Scammer B gets paid, then Owner A files complaint that it is fraud or his names/account hyjacked and get back domain name. This is easy money??!! What role GD is playing as domain names custodian and watchdog?
First, can you start a new thread regarding your issues? It would help keep the focus on the list of ChineseDomains.

That way we can see who was the seller, what did you buy, and what problems you have encountered.

As for GD, your explaination of owner A, B, C is a little confusing.

First, if the GoDaddy account had been taken over WITHOUT the knowledge of the actual owner, then the TRUE OWNER finds out, that TRUE OWNER has the right to get his names back by following the proper paperwork and evidence.
So, if A sells a domain (that they do not actually own) to B, and B pays A, but the real owner C finds out and files proper document, then C gets the domain back from B (who bought the name) and B is out of the money spent on the purchase.

In another thread, the seller was selling over 100 names that were not his and the WHOIS showed this. Yet, he was able to sell a few.

Most importantly, this is not just a problem at GoDaddy. It happens at all registrars. If your email account is hacked or your registrar account is hacked, then your names are exposed and subject to be stolen or sold.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, can you start a new thread regarding your issues? It would help keep the focus on the list of ChineseDomains.

That way we can see who was the seller, what did you buy, and what problems you have encountered.

As for GD, your explaination of owner A, B, C is a little confusing.

First, if the GoDaddy account had been taken over WITHOUT the knowledge of the actual owner, then the TRUE OWNER finds out, that TRUE OWNER has the right to get his names back by following the proper paperwork and evidence.
So, if A sells a domain (that they do not actually own) to B, and B pays A, but the real owner C finds out and files proper document, then C gets the domain back from B (who bought the name) and B is out of the money spent on the purchase.

In another thread, the seller was selling over 100 names that were not his and the WHOIS showed this. Yet, he was able to sell a few.

Most importantly, this is not just a problem at GoDaddy. It happens at all registrars. If your email account is hacked or your registrar account is hacked, then your names are exposed and subject to be stolen or sold.

Ok pls hlep moving the various posts to the proper thread?

What we are experiencing is that we did verify the whois and the contact email is the same as the paypal account, and we did get the names pushed into our GD account, what additional due diligience we should do? GD's problem is it removed our purchased names without first communicating to us and irresponsbily advises us to file UDRP complaint, which will not resolve this type of case and is fooling us!!

And the scenario we have cited can happen? "Owner A transfers INTENTIONALLY the name to Scammer B who sells the name to Buyer C and Scammer B gets paid, then Owner A files complaint that it is fraud or his names/account hyjacked and get back domain name. In fact Owner A is consipiring with Scammer B. " Our point is GD at least should look at the buyer side as well especially who have done proper due diligence.

ChineseDomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now there are numerous godaddy hacked accounts.

Were you using a gmail address?

Also, I can talk you through the steps of what you need to do if you need assistance.

I just did this for someone in Indonesia.

Many thanks to Gerry! Your advice is really help. Expect I can get back my domains in the final.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep on the lookout and report it if I see any users selling it in other forums. Any updates about if you got the issue resolved?

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This should be resolved now. Please update the thread ChineseDomain. The two NNNN.com's have been transferred back.

Hope you got all your names back !

ChineseDomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the helps from our forum members!!! All the domains in this list, which I can remember, are back now.

First of all, many thanks to all our forum members: Gerry, Guy, Adam, theinvestor in DNF; cuv, xserver, cn170 in domain.cn/club(also in DNF). With all your help and efforts, I know my domains were stolen at the first time, and your guys told me how to proceed with Godaddy, and more. I got phone call, email, PM etc at the first time. When the two NNNN.com was in sale in NP, and the whois is still mine, I got the phone call and email from our domain.cn/club members. Unfortunately, I am in the meeting and didn't get the call. One hour later, when I call back, check my email, but all is late.

From this nightmare, I have some lessons to share with all of us.
1. select secure email provider
msn, hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc are the targets by thief.
One thing I am not sure is that what email will be safe!
Is the webhosting email with our self domain is safe? I have concerns as well.
Welcome your comments to select secure email provider

2. Keep a complete domains list and whois in your local copy, also have the comprehensive info about the account
When the account was compromised, and domains was moved out, you have to know the complete domains list, and the whois information. The account info is necessary as well. It is the things you can claim your domains. As you may know, when hundreds domains were moved from registrar, your email will include several of them, and says how much in total, no whole list.

3. whois info must be accurate
If you have no company, don't put it in the whois. If your name, address, phone was updated, please update it. Or how can you claim the domains is yours.

4. Select secure and trusted registrar
I got my domains back because it is Godaddy, I trusted the company. Godaddy has the 60 days limit after push, it is really a secure way, which earns the time for victims.
According to the different secure requirement on password recover and anti-thief features, I find the Moniker and Dynadot has one good features each.
Moniker: even one got the email to reset the password, it still requires to answer one questions. It has the second secure answer.
Dynadot: even one compromise the account, one has to input the birthday or something else to unlock the anti-thief, and then can start move or transfer.
Just for myself, I am considering extra secure from registrars, like the MaxLock from Moniker.

5. Don't store your email online
If all your emails are online, you will find how easy it is to find the enough information to compromise the account.

6. Use different email for forum, whois, registrar accounts, PayPal and others...
In this way, even one email account was compromised, we will not lost all our accounts. If we lost our domains, and at the same time lost the PayPal, forum ID as well, you will find that how easy the thief can sell domains just like you sell it.

Lesson is lesson, expect it is helpful for you to make sure your domains are secure.

Again, thanks to all my friends in DNF, NP, Mobility, and domain.cn!

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
4. Select secure and trusted registrar
I got my domains back because it is Godaddy, I trusted the company. Godaddy has the 60 days limit after push, it is really a secure way, which earns the time for victims.
According to the different secure requirement on password recover and anti-thief features, I find the Moniker and Dynadot has one good features each.
Moniker: even one got the email to reset the password, it still requires to answer one questions. It has the second secure answer.
Dynadot: even one compromise the account, one has to input the birthday or something else to unlock the anti-thief, and then can start move or transfer.
Just for myself, I am considering extra secure from registrars, like the MaxLock from Moniker.

5. Don't store your email online
If all your emails are online, you will find how easy it is to find the enough information to compromise the account.

6. Use different email for forum, whois, registrar accounts, PayPal and others...
In this way, even one email account was compromised, we will not lost all our accounts. If we lost our domains, and at the same time lost the PayPal, forum ID as well, you will find that how easy the thief can sell domains just like you sell it.

Lesson is lesson, expect it is helpful for you to make sure your domains are secure.

Again, thanks to all my friends in DNF, NP, Mobility, and domain.cn!

You must add to this list Fabulous.com as they have the BEST security in place. You can set
as many questions and answers as you like and make up answers that only you know .
You can assign a different number of questions to each task. Also you can put
executive lock on the domains which means that you must do whatever you tell
Fabulous.com before the domain is unlocked.

DG

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is great for fabulous.

And, it would not matter if your email and account information at fabulous is compromised.

Anyone can take over an account at any registrar once they are in and change all those parameters and have all emails directed to an email of their choosing.

The primary point here is, Secure you Secure Information.

LUGIA2000

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try this email,i receive fast respond when my account hack.
[email protected]

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Try this email,i receive fast respond when my account hack.
[email protected]

My suggestion,do not use email you use at dnf forum for register at domain company.

First they steal my email(i use at dnf forum).after that,they start ask reset password.
(they know from y old email,i have account at some domain company)

After my account hack at godaddy,those damn hackers sell at here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom