Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domains with traffic???

Status
Not open for further replies.

z482493

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This can be a silly question to someone but I am new to the whole game.

The question is how to generate traffic to my new domains?

Your input is appreciated. Many thanks!

lz83ny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1) Submit your site to all major search engines
2) Exchange links with related sites
3) Pay for incoming traffic (use AdWords, overture and etc.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try submitting to dreamsubmit.net; their basic package is free and includes google and about 24 other engines...yes you can used parked pages to submit to search engines--but there is never a guarantee that the submission will be accepted by all. if you are using a parking program like at sedo.com, make sure you select or optimize your own keywords to maximize your results after doing your research on effective keywords for your domains. if keywords you select don't work, do more research and change to better ones. and finally have patience--it takes time to get traffic flowing your direction and hopefully clicking thru on your ads.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
99% of domains parked gained traffic before, usually as the previous home of a website or as a typo or generic type in domain

it is basically impossible to drive traffic to a parked domain without paying for it

z482493

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mark said:
if you are using a parking program like at sedo.com, make sure you select or optimize your own keywords to maximize your results after doing your research on effective keywords for your domains. if keywords you select don't work, do more research and change to better ones. and finally have patience--it takes time to get traffic flowing your direction and hopefully clicking thru on your ads.
Thanks mark! It helps.

I parked one of my domains with Sedo. Here comes another question, does the domain parked with Sedo will automatically submit to all the search engines? Or should I do this myself?

Thanks again!

GT Web said:
99% of domains parked gained traffic before, usually as the previous home of a website or as a typo or generic type in domain

it is basically impossible to drive traffic to a parked domain without paying for it
Thanks GT Web for the info!

But what is a typo or generic type in domain?
:huh: :huh:

Another question....is it worth to pay for getting traffic? And how?

Many thanks!

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do not use free submission services, because the only purpose they are used for is to collect your personal data and sell it to email spammers and marketing agencies. In general, be very careful when you see a "free" service somewhere!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typo domain:
An example is Gooogle.com (people mis-type Google.com)

Generic Type-In domain:
pizza.com (the word is so popular people type it in expecting to find a website)

Generally, if you are trying to promote a parked domain, buying traffic is a stupid idea, usually because when you try and sell that domain as a traffic one, you will be scamming people. This is because once the name is sold, the traffic will stop and the buyer will have been screwed. If you have a developed website, buying traffic is something you could consider to boost sales revenue.

z482493

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear GT Web,

Thank you very much for the answers.

Here come another question....if buying traffic is a stupid idea to promote a parked domain, then what is/are the smart way(s)?

Really wanted to know a way to bring traffic to my parked domains.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't "bring" traffic to parked domains other than by developing them into websites.

The idea behind a parked name is that you park it when it already has traffic, if there were some secret formula for getting legit traffic to parked names then everyone would do it and traffic names would be worth next to nothing.

In short, there is no free, legitimate way to bring traffic to already parked domains, you need to buy the names with traffic first and then you can park them.

mikesherov

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
search engine submission and sedo keyword optimization can work OK if you have 2 or 3 word generic names. At the very least, it doesn't do any damage to submit!

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have some parked names that I regged for first time, while as time went by some got listed is SE and have increased in traffic, some are profitable, some reg fees covered ,and some just under reg fee, misspells do best in this arena showing up in se with links

ozegreatdeals

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could join a traffic exchange program, it may not be legitment visitors as in people wanting to view your site but you will increase your traffic levels.

GlobalFusion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Basically sp@m your own site.

you never know. some of those people that are not staring at their monitor might actually click an ad on your site by accident. :)

z482493

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ozegreatdeals said:
You could join a traffic exchange program, it may not be legitment visitors as in people wanting to view your site but you will increase your traffic levels.
I had a bad experience with traffic exchange program; my computer was affected by spyware..... :veryangry :veryangry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom