Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Domainut - you have some explaining to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
XI.COM

Domainut's brokering ad:
http://www.dnforum.com/t46939&highlight=xi.com

I exchanged some PM's, did some investigation, and found (among other things) that the WHOIS phone number was someone's fax machine.

I sent all the info to Sedo, where the name was also listed, and received this:

-----
(Feb 9, 2004)

This domain has been found to be a fraudulent listing and we have subsequently deleted it from our database. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
Daniel H. Law
US Country Manager

----

So... Domainut... please explain how you made arrangements to broker a fraudulant sale? If you found out later that is was not a real sale, why did you not warn those attempting to buy it? If you still think the sale is valid, why has it been removed from your own broker list on your site??

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot speak about the validitity of the domain before the domain was sold on Sedo but I do have some facts.

I tried to call the company that owned it before, no success. They still have their servers set up for XI.com, although it was suppose to have been sold to the sedo seller.

XI.com was sold on Sedo, then the buyer decided to go with a different offer.

In both cases money way transfered to the escrow agents.

Then Toho ended up with the domain, not sure how. So this is the third person/offer that the seller accepted.

Then the whois changed back to the seller.

Looks as it may be stolen though :dead:

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am the one who convinced the seller (Darry) to leave Sedo and do a direct sale with myself. He had agreed, I then submitted payment via Escrow immediately via wire transfer - Soon after payment was made, I noticed a WhoIs change. Of which was a whois change reflecting Toho's ownership. Once I seen this, I immediately reversed Escrow payment. As well as emailed Toho for some clarification. He noted he was in transaction with the same seller. From there on, haven't really kept up with this domain and who currently owns it.

In any case lots of fishy things were going on throughout this transaction. I'd heavily advise everyone to stay clear of this domain.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ad-lib
I am the one who convinced the seller (Darry) to leave Sedo and do a direct sale with myself. He had agreed, I then submitted payment via Escrow immediately via wire transfer - Soon after payment was made, I noticed a WhoIs change. Of which was a whois change reflecting Toho's ownership. Once I seen this, I immediately reversed Escrow payment. As well as emailed Toho for some clarification. He noted he was in transaction with the same seller. From there on, haven't really kept up with this domain and who currently owns it.

In any case lots of fishy things were going on throughout this transaction. I'd heavily advise everyone to stay clear of this domain.

:)

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BEWARE !

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ad-lib

Woah! How could the owner in good faith make a sale with BOTH of you? It sounds pretty shakey! Especially if he/she was aware you had made a payment via Escrow.com!

Did you ever hear anything else from Toho?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow... guess I got off easy, sounds like this is the THIRD time this has happened.

Who is Toho? Is Toho - Domainut? I'm now even MORE curious as to how it came to be that Domainut was participating in this.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Toho is NOT Domainut and it appears that Domainut's interest in xi.com was as an affiliate at Sedo rather than directly as a broker. However Domainut might want to confirm that himself and provide some explanation.
It is perhaps good to remember that possible fraud on the part of a seller does not automatically indicate fraud on the part of a buyer or intermediary.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i remember that he had names from sedo as an affiliate

nothing to do with him

toho isn't domainut

they are both members here

your way off :p
- Jordan

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Juniper, I think you used up your luck for the day.

I think Domainut was the innocent bystander in this deal.

Toho is one of real pros' on this forum. And, if he almost got caught
in this guestionable deal. We all could have been taken.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
I think Domainut was the innocent bystander in this deal.

Toho is one of real pros' on this forum. And, if he almost got caught
in this guestionable deal. We all could have been taken.
Agreed! No problem if you have an axe to grind, ... just make sure it's a real axe. :wink:

WebCat

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
Agreed! No problem if you have an axe to grind, ... just make sure it's a real axe. :wink:

WebCat

When you put yourself out there as a "broker" for a transaction, you *ARE* liable when things go wrong. Doesn't matter if it's real estate, a car, or a domain, if you're the broker, YOU are in trouble as well.

Domainut has now remained silent on this public post for over 24 hours. If he were just an innocent bystander, why would he tell me to make offers on the name rather than warn me? Why would he quietly remove the domain from the listings, and NOT tell people making offers that something was wrong? These are not the action of an innocent bystander.

These scam can ONLY continue if the remain secret, and the people involved are allowed to hide behind anonymous handles. Let's call these people out, and stop it from happening a 4th time.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do agree it would be nice to hear from Domainut and Toho. It's always helpful to hear another perspective on a story.

WebCat :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JuniperPark

When you put yourself out there as a "broker" for a transaction, you *ARE* liable when things go wrong. Doesn't matter if it's real estate, a car, or a domain, if you're the broker, YOU are in trouble as well.

I really think it's a per situation basis.

You don't know what contracts are/aren't in place in all the transactions of every broker..

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hes an affiliate to the sedo program
anyone can be!
Jeez..

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JuniperPark
Domainut has now remained silent on this public post for over 24 hours.
Hmm ...

Originally posted by WebCat
I do agree it would be nice to hear from Domainut ...
Agree.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameTower
hes an affiliate to the sedo program
anyone can be!
Jeez..
YOu have a point, Jordan, however... an issue of importance has been raised. Domainut is a respected member of DNForum. In the absence of a reply, some people may assume that's a tacit admission that the issue has merit.

In the interest of maintaining good relation between members, it would be preferable that the members in question (i.e. Domainut and Toho), at least make a token effort to respond.

Certainly not a requirement, but advisable, since our reputation is our greatest asset, and in this life, we only get one!

WebCat

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure that anything has been said that would even remotely bring into question Toho's reputation - looks like he was, or almost was, a victim in the "sale".
Apart from which he may not even know that his name has been brought into this thread.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Not sure that anything has been said that would even remotely bring into question Toho's reputation - looks like he was, or almost was, a victim in the "sale".
Apart from which he may not even know that his name has been brought into this thread.
True that, MrW! And no one was quesioning his reputation. In fact, as you said, if the domain in question turns out to be stolen, Toho may well have been a victim!

But I'll bet if your name was brought up in a thread in connection with a possible questionable transaction (even as a victim), you would: a) want to know, and b) want to respond.

I just think it's important that we all keep the air clear, and this helps us make stronger the trust relationship we share as professional DNF members. Compared to some of the things that happen outside, this place is like a safe port in a storm! :)

WebCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom