Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

DoNotCall.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FrontRow ..

Minnesota's do not call list went into effect at the begining of the year, our spam phone calls went from 5-6 a day to 1 every 2 weeks..!

The Feds punishment is higher ..

"Beginning in September, telemarketers will have to check the list every three months to see who doesn't want to be called. Those who call listed people could be fined up to $11,000 for each violation. Consumers would file complaints to an automated phone or online system. "

As far as your getting thru...I got through just fine at 9 Am central time.. maybe you want to work the number earlier inthe day...

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had troubl too. I kept hitting back on my browser after each time out until I was able to get through. It took me about a 1/2 hour to completely register.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered but never recieved a confirmation email.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, donotcalllist.biz is available. All other donotcall, do-not-call, etc. are gone of course, unless you want to go for do-not-call-list.net or do-not-call-list.info. ;) Yeah, we are domianers after all. :D

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I have been trying on and off all day. I already registered with the do not call list in Massachusetts, but will still register with the feds. They said people were signing up at the rate of 180 per second and that there were 370,000 by early afternoon!

They also said that they are expecting upwards of half of all USA residential lineds to be put on this list. IMHO, that is a HUGE proportion. Looks like cold-calling telemarketing jobs might get scarce!

:laugh:

-Bob

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
I have been trying on and off all day. I already registered with the do not call list in Massachusetts, but will still register with the feds. They said people were signing up at the rate of 180 per second and that there were 370,000 by early afternoon!

They also said that they are expecting upwards of half of all USA residential lineds to be put on this list. IMHO, that is a HUGE proportion. Looks like cold-calling telemarketing jobs might get scarce!

:laugh:

-Bob

That is similiar to what I heard..1,000 hits a sec on the websites..

I cant tell you how great it has been with the Minnesota program.. we bitch and moan plenty about Government programs..

This definitely gets a thumbs up for a change..

As for the Telemarkets whining this will put them out of business... what business is that ? of harasssing tens of millions of people everyday ? .. you are being put down like a rabid dog.. please.. just give up the ghost die quietly :D

shortcutgramp

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SAME AS jh3
REGISTERED BUT NEVER RECEIVED MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all hate solicitors, but how many more people will lose their jobs because of this and what effect will it have on our economy?

Perhaps I'm a little paranoid, but I wonder if the DB of names and numbers will be used for anything other than blocking unsolicited phone calls.... Only time will tell.

Additionally, does anyone know how companies overseas will be affected by this change? I know of alot of companies that are moving their Call Centers to India...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by brn2h8
We all hate solicitors, but how many more people will lose their jobs because of this and what effect will it have on our economy?

hmmm... how would it affect the unemployment rate and economy if we were able to put spammers out of business? I see no difference, except maybe in scale. There are reasonable exceptions to allow some legit telemarketing to continue.

Originally posted by brn2h8
Additionally, does anyone know how companies overseas will be affected by this change? I know of alot of companies that are moving their Call Centers to India...

It does not matter where the call center is. If the company has an American presence, it will be held accountable for the phone solicitations - up to $11,000 per violation.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I finally was able to register last night after the web site was timing out on me all day. I got the confirmations this morning.

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't wait for it to kick in.

Did you get your confirmations yet shortcutgramp & jh3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom