Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Dopa.com down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here use Dopa? I tried to check my stats for the first time in a week and the site isn't loading for me. Anyone have more information about this?

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This isn't good. Three days and counting now that they have been down. Not only can we not log into the DOPA.com control panel, but all domains are also not resolving. Silverclicks.com, their sister site, is also down.

I have emailed their support team and so far no reply. On another forum (an IDN forum) someone posted 10 days ago that Dopa was closing new account signups because they were doing a system update as well as having staff problems. Perhaps this is related.

If they do not reply back soon or have their system back online, I will be forced to move all of my domains away from DOPA. It's unfortunate, because before this week, DOPA has been very reliable and has always paid promptly at the start of each month (for the previous month's revenue). They have been an excellent alternative to monetizing my domains with Chinese traffic, particularly NNN and NNNN dot coms.

I'll update if I find anything else out.

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dopa just replied:

hello

I am sorry for caused incovenience .

The host faulty notice has been presented in the announcement , please take a look.

The problem has been fixed .

best regards

candy

dopa.com

They said it has been fixed, but their main page (as well as my domains) still are not resolving.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not believe you people - I told on this forum many many times - what Dopa does is just simply redirects the traffic to their Domainsponsor account. And now as Domainsponsor landing pages are NOT accessible from China - Dopa is out of "Business". I am wasting my time, is like talking to wall - nobody listens...

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can not believe you people - I told on this forum many many times - what Dopa does is just simply redirects the traffic to their Domainsponsor account. And now as Domainsponsor landing pages are NOT accessible from China - Dopa is out of "Business". I am wasting my time, is like talking to wall - nobody listens...

Grrrrr.... we DID go over this. I saw a Dopa parking page from China and it was NOT the same as DS. They had 35%+ CTR on some of my names, something I've never seen with a DS lander for any traffic, let alone names with high Chinese traffic.

At any rate given these problems and that they are still down I need to consider whether to pull my names from them and try somewhere else, at least until they get their **** together.

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, only visitors originating from outside of China were redirected to DOPA's DomainSponsor affiliate account. I saw the landers for Chinese based traffic and they looked much different than any DS lander (even the newer ones). Maybe they had a special relationship where DS showed unique parking pages for Chinese traffic?

Anyhow, it doesn't matter now. If DOPA is down it's moot. I'm moving these names back to Sedo, Klickerz, Trafficz, etc. It really is too bad because without a doubt my domains with Chinese based traffic performed MUCH better at DOPA.com than anywhere else, including my standard DomainSponsor account.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, only visitors originating from outside of China were redirected to DOPA's DomainSponsor affiliate account.

I tested DOPA pages about 100 times, always from INSIDE China and result page was in 100% cases DOMAINSPONSOR

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tested DOPA pages about 100 times, always from INSIDE China and result page was in 100% cases DOMAINSPONSOR
Interesting.

All I can say is that my traffic for numeric domains was 10 to 20 times greater using DOPA then it was when the domains were parked using Sedo, Fabulous, Domainsponsor, Trafficz, Skenzo/Klickerz, NameDrive, etc.

So I was happy before this. Now I am not. :-D

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo, fabulous, namedrive parking pages are NOT accessible from China, so if you saw any traffic it was not Chinese ones.

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@Denny, where do you park your chinese domains nowadays?

Ahoi!

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 and all,

Well, dopa parking pages are accessable from China. I've tested few months.
Yes, they are DS parking pages.
And yes, revenue at dopa sucks. Not just CTR but also they convert Chinese currency to US Dollar... Big problem.
Are they still in beta...?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dopa parking pages are accessable from China.

When did you tested ? DS is blocked for a week or so. Tell me some example I will tell you how about now

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really? In that case, I may be wrong because I pulled out my domains from dopa about 2 month ago.

paxton

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trafficclub
Thanks for your insight, Denny. I may try this.

For now, the DOPA parking pages are back up and showing their usual revenue for my numeric domains. I always thought the DomainSponsor pages were only displayed for non-Chinese visitors, but since you are in China, I'll have to take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom