Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Down with Appraisals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels that we need to just do away with the appraisal sections?

This is unquestionably one of the most abused, non-sensical, and spam derived sections on DNF.

Each and every time I offer an appraisal the spam begins. I have received countless spams because I had appraised something,

Or, along comes another buffoon to start posting what names he/she has that is similar :)laugh:) to the name,

Or, I then have members PM'ing me to give my thoughts on their name,

Or, I get PM's wanting me to get in their thread to bump it or whatever.

Or, there are too many people who are asking for appraisals on a name that is currently at auction and they do not own it,

Or, there are too many people who submit the most asinine names for appraisal who for DAYS get no response (which should tell them every thing they need to know about the domain) and bump and bump and bump their own thread,

Or, there are so many differing opinions on a name that often times (WAY too often, imo) gets the thread so off track that spats and name calling starts (which is, at times, entertaining :popcorn::beer::cheers:)

Or, am I the only one who sees this?

Upvote 0

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you use the appraisal forum you're stupid.

No reason insulting those who don't think they know everything. Some people actually recognize that domains have different values and seek others opinions instead of dismissing any discussion and thinking that domains will magically be sold at the exact value they are worth. Many have benefited from this forum especially if you are still learning about domains, as we all are in a sense.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Folks, all I am saying is that the appraisal section is being abused and is not adhering to the posted rules.

I don't expect the mods to police this every time.

It is almost as if the person initiating the thread needs to state that they do own the domain posted.

Lately we have seen domains posted that are still on auction, domains that some are "supposedly" brokering but do not own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom