Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

DRT is getting useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me or not but my daily scan is getting slower and slower each day. I tried different proxy lists services, free or paid, but it seems the overture server sucks too. I remembered the speed was pretty reasonable 2-3 months ago.
So I would like to hear some other comments from DRT (Domain Research Tool) users? Anyone has luck with that?

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree! I scan and load thousands of live proxies daily but my DRT's scanning speed doen't seem to improve! I will appreciate any tips given here, as to how wrong I might be doing it!

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ovt access doesnt load half the time for me, and im typing in the occasional word personally. Maybe they should security code each submittal. It sucks but thats what its coming to.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been very dissapointed with this purchase. Looked to be very good, but once I got into using it, I experienced the same problems as everyone else. Another waste of money.

Would have been nice had I found a few names that would have helped pay for the software...

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well you cant blame DRT, blame yourselves for slamming overture.com, eventually overture will go private and then where will you be.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well you cant blame DRT, blame yourselves for slamming overture.com, eventually overture will go private and then where will you be.

Thanking god that I didn't give into the thousands of "LOWEST DRT$$$$" threads.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanking god that I didn't give into the thousands of "LOWEST DRT$$$$" threads.
DRT is extremely useful, and not just for ovt, although that is really nice as well.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Overture is not the only thing you should be looking at. In most cases, as you know; overture should not mean any more to you then Elvis liked rap. When you are scanning 27k+ names at one time, you will always see a slow down; no matter what tool you use.

I've found PLENTY of names with DRT that I would have NEVER found without it. If you do the same things everyone else does, you will only find the bread crums that even the birds didnt care to eat. Create your own ways and you will be much happier with what you see.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DRT has been good for me all the time, but I must admit scans are slower.

First off, try to load inventory.overture.com yourself. Usually it times out or doesn't load, and if it does then it will take a long time. I think Overture.com company purposely decreased the load speed for the inventory to stop bulk scans. Whatever the case is, overture is super slow nowadays for me.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a good tool ~ you just have to know how to make the best use of it.

;-)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a few months of non-use. I'm trying to use DRT on a lot of about 5,000 names and seem to be getting nowhere. I followed all the suggestions
- no OVT checking
- simple checks like MSN links + Yahoo directory
- Google checks OFF
- avail check OFF
- lots of threads -- upped from 17 to 77
- paid for list of proxies -- 250 are "alive"

I'm on a very good commerical grade connection with ample bandwidth.

The result? The MAX seems to be about 6 domains per minute, with 2 or 3 per minute being closer to average. That means I can't even do basic checks on names dropping, let alone anything detailed.

So... what's wrong here? I've now done 100% of the suggested speed improvements, including shelling out more money for the better proxie list.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
*Lower* the amount of concurrent threads, and definitely leave out OT. I have been testing their server this week and there's definitely no current way to get automated results reliably. For most of this stuff you don't need proxies -- they will slow you down too. PM me if you have a particular check you need to perform in bulk and I'll take a look.

linkman

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About the only thing I use it for now is availability and creation date checking.

If anyone needs domains scanned for overture such as drop lists PM me for a quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom