Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Duke... How do you define "Popular"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
from Dnjournal.com

>>>>>>>To help you identify the registrars that professional domain buyers rely on, Domain Name Journal is joining with the popular DS forum to conduct our first industry-wide Registrar Consumer Survey. <<<<<<<

I think everyone in this industry knows DS is about as lively as a dead fish in a dry pond. Alliances can be very tricky my friend and far reaching if you don't choose the right mate. ;)

Best of luck!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod from Dnjournal.com
>>>>>>>To help you identify the registrars that professional domain buyers rely on, Domain Name Journal is joining with the popular DomainState.com forum to conduct our first industry-wide Registrar Consumer Survey. <<<<<<<I think everyone in this industry knows DS is about as lively as a dead fish in a dry pond. Alliances can be very tricky my friend and far reaching if you don't choose the right mate. ;) Best of luck!

Don't be so critical of who Duke associates with as DS seems to have hit critical mass now at 1300 members.

Last Sept when I was involved in the sale DNF hit critical mass near the 1300 level in Sept.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pod, I usually like you even when you get long winded, but that was a cheap shot and uncalled for.

There are no exclusive relationships around here. People should be free to associate with one or more forums, services, etc. without this "traitor" type mentality of yours.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2gajgops
Pod, I usually like you even when you get long winded, but that was a cheap shot and uncalled for.

There are no exclusive relationships around here. People should be free to associate with one or more forums, services, etc. without this "traitor" type mentality of yours.

Long winded? Now that was a "cheap shot"! :laugh:

No cheap shot meant on my part. I merely pointed out a "relationship" that he has embarked upon. I don't think it will be a positive one since DS is a haven for ex-dnf junkies who continually bash this place on the other forum. I think that is important stuff to know. I personally don't think I will be visiting DNjournal.com because of the association. That is my right. Nothing against Duke personally, as I think he is a quality person and a damn good writer, but I do take notice of the new alliance.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

Don't be so critical of who Duke associates with as DS seems to have hit critical mass now at 1300 members.

How many actually post?? That's what counts. ;) I actually applauded GregR's move to delete accounts that were "inactive". I wonder if DS will do the same??

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think I will be visiting DNjournal.com because of the association.

That's pathetic.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SteveK

That's pathetic.

And what's your handle on DS there .au.. oh, I mean SteveK??

Like I said, it's nothing personal against Duke. Just my opinion, of which may not be "popular" with everyone else. I guess that's what separates me from most people. I call a spade a spade.

Gumby

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopod, you are contemplating not reading excellent article's, at an independent website, based on the fact that the writer is associated with another forum? pathetic. nothing personal, just my opinion :)

(my username at ds is Steve but I don't think I have ever made a post, I wasn't trying to stick up for any other forum. I just thought it was unfair of you to critisize duke for doing nothing wrong whatsoever. I'm going to shutup now, peace)

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You must be over being banned.

Started a thread just for the purpose of pedantic picking. :rolleyes:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When Duke was asked to serve on the committee he made it known that he wanted to remain totally independent as his business involved writing about the domain industry in general.
I applaud his decision and see no reason why he should be viewed as anything other than a helpful and successful domainer. I too visit a number of domain forums and benefit from them all without feeling that I am being "disloyal" to any - each one is a resource that we may use or not use as the case may be.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
from Dnjournal.com

>>>>>>>To help you identify the registrars that professional domain buyers rely on, Domain Name Journal is joining with the popular DomainState.com forum to conduct our first industry-wide Registrar Consumer Survey. <<<<<<<

I think everyone in this industry knows DS is about as lively as a dead fish in a dry pond. Alliances can be very tricky my friend and far reaching if you don't choose the right mate. ;)

Best of luck!

Duke has done nothing wrong. Why are you attacking him? It appears that you’re in violation of the following DNForum rules.

Originally posted by DotComGod
It is time we all focused on selling domains and realize that this site is concerned with making you and I more profitable in the domain business.

We will no longer tolerate any bullshit regarding topics other than domains and growing your business.

If you are here to make money or just learn, then you will beneifit.

If however, you are here to whine, your activities will no longer be tolerated. I have no problem if you want to complain but there is a tactful way of doing so.

please feel free to pm me any comments you may have.

-=DCG=-

13 Commandments of dnforum.com
By -=DCG=-
v1.0 (May 22, 2003)

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully. Users caught flaming other users will have their accounts locked on sight, possibly with a temporary ban.

11. We take the "be polite" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning (at our discretion), and if the member offends again the member will be banned without warning and without reimbursement.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainState has 122 active threads in the last 24 hours. Seems pretty popular to me. :) (compared to DNF's 164)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personal attacks...??? Gimme a break people.

Of course Duke has the right to associate with whomever he chooses. I think his use of the words "popular forum" in conjunction with DS was a little "odd". If you don't think so you obviously don't quite grasp the fact that DS isn't popular.

Choice of words always have an underlying meaning. I think mine were pretty clear don't you think??

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
DomainState has 122 active threads in the last 24 hours. Seems pretty popular to me. :) (compared to DNF's 164)

Um... given the fact 100 of those were from CoolHost, I don't think so.

Sorry.

How is your forum going by the way? ;)

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets analyze your behavior. Lets not even consider RJ's convincing evidence that domainstate is indeed an active forum.

It takes a lot more motivation to start a thread to discuss a pair of words then just to observe it was odd. Your angry. Now, thats obvious.

Now consider what RJ has cited. Your plain wrong.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Lets analyze your behavior. Lets not even consider RJ's convincing evidence that domainstate is indeed an active forum.

They are not popular... Most of the posts come from the same people. One of the board "owners" bashes anyone with a differing view when it comes to names other than dot com. Most of the commentary over there doesn't quite make things interesting if you know what I mean.

Get it?

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Personal attacks...??? Gimme a break people.

Of course Duke has the right to associate with whomever he chooses. I think his use of the words "popular forum" in conjunction with DS was a little "odd". If you don't think so you obviously don't quite grasp the fact that DS isn't popular.

Choice of words always have an underlying meaning. I think mine were pretty clear don't you think??

It's quite clear why you were banned from Domain State. IMHO

DrWho

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you comparing ds to an imagined ideal of yours?

You have complained about the diminishing quality of this forum and the frequent waste posts.

Your selective coherence is not surprising. There isn't much you can argue against the popularity of DS--other then using simple of half joking dismissals such as coolhost must have posted a lot of that stuff. Cut the crap. We don't need it perpetuated.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho

It's quite clear why you were banned from Domain State. IMHO

DrWho

And your point?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues

There isn't much you can argue against the popularity of DS--

if you call "filling" one page of their most popular forum area in one whole day I guess your right. They are smokin' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom