Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Duke... How do you define "Popular"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Showing signs of an argument being strained.

Started out with such an unequivocal statement.
"I think everyone in this industry knows DS is about as lively as a dead fish in a dry pond."

But now you must use extremes to ask your rhetorical question. If they fill a page in one day then you sarcastically label them smoking. Of course your not even going to use the term you originally argued didn't characterized ds--popular.
If you had used such a moderate term as popular in your tired arguement:
If they fill a page in one day then they must be popular-- it would appear to be perfectly logical to just about everyone huh!?

You've moved so much from your original post just to perpetuate. That difficult to admit you were wrong?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues

You've moved so much from your original post just to perpetuate. That difficult to admit you were wrong?

No I haven't. DS isn't popular, and I don't think Duke's association with DS is going to be a positive development for him. What about this is unequivocal to you?

Please make your point, but don't try to mince words with me. You'll end up looking like a fool. ;)

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"I think everyone in this industry knows DS is about as lively as a dead fish in a dry pond."
Not difficult to see this could be describe as an unequivocal statement about your view on the level of activity of domainstate.

And I know 15 posts later you are quite short of being so clear and parallel in your description. Rather then being a dead fish in a dry pond it's become not smoking.
Rather, then stating I'm appearing foolish, I'll tell you, you are foolish. I've had to repeat my point because you clearly are prolonging a point you can't defend. Look at how much the wording of your argument has jumped in this thread. It's because rather then admitting your wrong you have changed the wording to try to appear tenable.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not difficult to see this could be describe as an unequivocal statement about your view on the level of activity of domainstate.

And I know 15 posts later you are quite short of being so clear and parallel in your description. Rather then being a dead fish in a dry pond it's become not smoking.
Rather, then stating I'm appearing foolish, I'll tell you, you are foolish. I've had to repeat my point because you clearly are prolonging a point you can't defend. Look at how much the wording of your argument has jumped in this thread. It's because rather then admitting your wrong you have changed the wording to try to appear tenable.

Hey when you can master the english language come back and we'll talk. I'm right in the middle of something. I don't have time to decipher what it is you just wrote.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take the cheap exit. But let me finish by noting you haven't made any effort to support your claim that domain state is inactive.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take the cheap exit. But let me finish by noting you haven't made any effort to support your claim that domain state is inactive.

I guess you can't read either...

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is your proof? This supports your claim? This is such powerful evidence that it makes me look like a fool?

Two months ago someone thinks ds is dead. Two others agree its slow.

So this is supposed to rule over RJ's stat? That this very day ds had a comparable amount of active threads to dnf.

How can you justify a few personal opinions made 2 months ago as a strong argument for your opinion? And act as if solid numbers such as the ones mentioned don't even need to be considered?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is your proof? This supports your claim? This is such powerful evidence that it makes me look like a fool?

Two months ago someone thinks ds is dead. Two others agree its slow.

So this is supposed to rule over RJ's stat? That this very day ds had a comparable amount of active threads to dnf.

How can you justify a few personal opinions made 2 months ago as a strong argument for your opinion? And act as if solid numbers such as the ones mentioned don't even need to be considered?

What the hell are you talking about??? You mentioned something about "two months ago someone thinks ds is dead??"

When did I ever say this? I've always maintained they were dead. Not just two months ago.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey WHOIS (off topic)... btw: I am in full support of linking to DNFaces.com. I think it adds to the community.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

What the hell are you talking about??? You mentioned something about "two months ago someone thinks ds is dead??"

When did I ever say this? I've always maintained they were dead. Not just two months ago.

Now you are plain pissing me off. You edited one of your posts and now your denying the original content. You linked to an old ds thread where someone else thought the forum was dead as a doornail.

You specifically noted the title of that thread and linked me to it.
And you also added I would now look foolish. NICE TRY. But, I now know for a fact you are are a plain unabashed liar.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Now you are plain pissing me off. You edited one of your posts and now your denying the original content. You linked to an old ds thread where someone else thought the forum was dead as a doornail.

You specifically noted the title of that thread and linked me to it.
And you also added I would now look foolish. NICE TRY. But, I now know for a fact you are are a plain unabashed liar.

Um... I think you need to take a step back there "LotsofIssues". I did say that I would make you look like a fool didn't I not? You had ample time to pull out of the death spiral you were in. Now look at you. Paranoia has set in.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For graphical illustration this is what a "edited" post looks like.

micro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From a neutral observation all I can say that often when I read your posts izopod they were to say the least unnecessary..

As for DS there are lot's of pro's there and they don't need all those wishy-washy posts.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for covering even the early hours here, Whois-Search. ;) I was thinking of closing this thread after reading it last night when there was just 1 reply. Not that the reply has anything wrong in particular (even though I don't quite agree with the "critical mass" theory), but the picking on Duke and Domain State is totally unnecessary. This morning when I woke up, there were 35 replies!

Please excuse my blunt words, but we just don't need more flames. DNForum has been, IS and will be in the foreseeable future THE biggest such forum in the domain name industry. (That's why even during the time when I was not a big fan of gregr, I stayed as a member.) But do we really need to discredit Domain State or other forums to attain that status? No. Not that because I'm also a member over there (since September 2002, much earlier than most of you) and know Bob (DomeBase) well enough to call him a colleague, but because it's NOT the right thing to do. Honestly, I don't think they are going anywhere that would make them comparable in capacity to DNForum; but that doesn't make them idiots, they could always run a nice little "non-profit" community which I am more than happy to drop by. Likewise, for those who do not agree with the professional/business-oriented path we are heading for, we just do things a little bit differently now.

Moreover, challenging Duke's use of an adjective along the road was not the wisest thing to do either. Frankly, I do not rate Duke's writing as high as many others here, but DNJournal is nevertheless a decent effort by an industry insider who has gained some "popular" (oops!) support.

Let's close the old chapter of sarcastic remarks and vicious attacks that some have previously enjoyed and move on.

[/Thread CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom