Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

info Dynadot had a DDos Attack!

An informative domain name related thread.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
This is the e-mail i received today, it seems that our accounts security is fine, no data was leacked.

Dear XXX XXX,

Yesterday the Dynadot website was hit with a 150Gbps DDoS attack. While we did have DDoS protection in place, it was not capable of blocking an attack of this size. Our team worked non-stop to mitigate the attack, and we have installed additional defenses against such attacks in the future.

I know many customers are concerned about their account security. I am happy to report that customer data was not impacted by this attack. Account security has been, and always will be, a top priority of ours. Additionally we will work on improving communication during service disruptions to make sure we keep you in the loop.

I am very sorry this happened, and I know it was extremely inconvenient. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. We will continue to improve our systems and processes.
Best Regards,
Todd Han
President
Dynadot.com

Domain summit 2024

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
I do feel after Epik hack many registrars decided to push the so called "Hack and DDOs" for marketing purposes, they think it will help them to be in the center of attention after such incidents, which most likely could be fake, the Epik hack was one the most serious and no one can compare with it.
They can use us to spread their tales in forums and social media and we may not be aware of that.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators